Multiple mobile app

Multiple mobile app

Hi all, i'm starting the development of a new mobile app, and we need multitenant.

My question is, is there a way of differentiating the tenant right on the login page?

For example, can we have multiple instances of the app, one for each tenant, and be able on the screen to differentiate?

Filipe Silva wrote:

Hi all, i'm starting the development of a new mobile app, and we need multitenant.

My question is, is there a way of differentiating the tenant right on the login page?

For example, can we have multiple instances of the app, one for each tenant, and be able on the screen to differentiate?

Hello Filipe,

You want to identify the tenant that the user is assigned, to have different type of information in your application?

E.g. A different logo for each company (tenant)?

Just to understand a little bit more what you want to achieve.

Hi Filipe,

On the Login page you do not have information about the tenant id. That information is available only after the Login (depending on the user it will set the TenantId for the Tenant that that user belongs to).

If you need different login pages (different for each tenant) you will have to have different apps.

Cheers,

José

Thanks José Costa for the response, i think i'm going with the two apps.

Miguel Sousa, in the play store probably we are going to have two apps, one for each country, and i needed on the login page to know from what country he is in

Filipe Silva wrote:

Thanks José Costa for the response, i think i'm going with the two apps.

Miguel Sousa, in the play store probably we are going to have two apps, one for each country, and i needed on the login page to know from what country he is in

I think you can check the origin of the request if you don't use proxies. But in a normal way, you can.

Solution

Hi all, we followed a advice from outsystems, and have a one time screen on the beginning of the app to prompt the customer to choose his country and set the tenant, and we save it on local data.

Solution

Hi Filipe,

I have a similar problem and found this thread, thanks it has been most helpful. I have just started consulting on a new project where they have an existing multi-tenant Web App. I have never worked on Multi-tenant and they want me to develop a mobile app. So I am trying to find out how this will work because there shall be an app for each Tenant(client) in the store with the Tenant's branding (this is what I think should happen), then from this "entry" app it will go to the same multi-tenant app for all customers, but loading the theme (CSS) with branding for each app, so essentially the same app for all at the back, but each has its own app front in the store. My apologies if I do not make sense, these things are hard to explain.

What I would like to know is you stated in this thread you used a suggestion from OutSystems and solved your issue. I am not entirely understanding what the suggestion was. You say you have a one time screen, so you did not create an app per Country? Is it only one app front on the app store, then after the user logged in you ask the country and like that know who the "Tenant" is?

The solution we went for is that before the login we have two screens, one to choosing the coutry,  and one of the coutries has an extra screen that is choosing the language (in my case between french and dutch), after this the user is in the login page and I save this information on the local db.

Thanks!