How to schedule timer for every 10 minutes?

How to schedule timer for every 10 minutes?

  

Hi,

I am trying to create timer that executes on every 10 minutes. I seen schedule property but there is no option to set time for 10 min.

Is there any other option to do this.


Thank in advance.

Gopal jite


Solution

Hi Gopal,

You should do this configuration directly on service center. On the tab Timers you will be able to access the timer properties and set any schedule you want.


Best Regards

Fantato


Solution

is it possible to run the timer every 1 minute (somehow)

Goldy As I known minimun is 5 min

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Goldy As I known minimun is 5 min

Thanks Alberto.

Need to find some way to reduce it if possible. (programatically may be)


Goldy Lukka wrote:

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Goldy As I known minimun is 5 min

Thanks Alberto.

Need to find some way to reduce it if possible. (programatically may be)


You can create an action to wakeup the timer, or just wake up the timer in the end of the timer process.


Best Regards,

Frederico

 

Frederico Fernandes wrote:

Goldy Lukka wrote:

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Goldy As I known minimun is 5 min

Thanks Alberto.

Need to find some way to reduce it if possible. (programatically may be)


You can create an action to wakeup the timer, or just wake up the timer in the end of the timer process.


Best Regards,

Frederico

 

Sounds like a plan. The only minor catch, what if the processing took longer than a minute?
run multiple timers on same processor?


Goldy Lukka wrote:

Frederico Fernandes wrote:

Goldy Lukka wrote:

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Goldy As I known minimun is 5 min

Thanks Alberto.

Need to find some way to reduce it if possible. (programatically may be)


You can create an action to wakeup the timer, or just wake up the timer in the end of the timer process.


Best Regards,

Frederico

 

Sounds like a plan. The only minor catch, what if the processing took longer than a minute?
run multiple timers on same processor?


The timer will wait until the process is finished to run again.


Best Regards,

Frederico

Thanks Fredrico, wish I could mark one more solution in this thread :-)

Now, an extension to my question. Lets say I need to fetch data every minute but process takes 2 minutes. Is there any way to run 2 timers to (more or less) fetch the data every 1 minute?

Goldy Lukka wrote:

Thanks Fredrico, wish I could mark one more solution in this thread :-)

Now, an extension to my question. Lets say I need to fetch data every minute but process takes 2 minutes. Is there any way to run 2 timers to (more or less) fetch the data every 1 minute?

I don´t think so, you have to think in other way to do that.

And I don´t know if the way you follow is the rigth way, 2 timers fetching the same data will not work, because they will fetch the same data at some moment.


Best regards,

Frederico


Frederico Fernandes wrote:

Goldy Lukka wrote:

Thanks Fredrico, wish I could mark one more solution in this thread :-)

Now, an extension to my question. Lets say I need to fetch data every minute but process takes 2 minutes. Is there any way to run 2 timers to (more or less) fetch the data every 1 minute?

I don´t think so, you have to think in other way to do that.

And I don´t know if the way you follow is the rigth way, 2 timers fetching the same data will not work, because they will fetch the same data at some moment.


Best regards,

Frederico


Well, as far as design is concerned, I can simply compare the Instance ID of data they are fetching. However, is it technically a problem to run 2 different timers on the same processor?


why have a timer running every 1 minute?

That said, you can have 3 timers running at the same time by default.


In any case, i really wonder what your use-case is and how you are thinking how to approach it, without the actual technical implementation.


J. wrote:

why have a timer running every 1 minute?

That said, you can have 3 timers running at the same time by default.


In any case, i really wonder what your use-case is and how you are thinking how to approach it, without the actual technical implementation.


lets say, i want the latest possible records (without blocking the request) - because in real-time the process takes about 1.5 minutes to execute. 

is there any other way apart from timers? (built-in cache is not an option)

Hi,


I suggest you create a new thread, because the answer is already give on the original question.

and furthermore, your use-case is not very clear, but for now it sounds like BPT that you want