Unable to scroll down a List while also using SwipeEvents on the List (mobile app)

Unable to scroll down a List while also using SwipeEvents on the List (mobile app)

Hello,

I am unable to scroll up or down in my List. I am using SwipeEvents to handle right and left swipes but I also want to scroll down the items in that list. It does nothing at the moment. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Kind regards,

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

The ListItem already provides swipe events (left and right) for the items of the list. Why not use those?

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

The ListItem already provides swipe events (left and right) for the items of the list. Why not use those?

Cheers,

José

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to use these actions. I use a OnClick on the ListItems to navigate to a detailscreen. I want to be able to scroll up/down my List while keeping the SwipeEvents.

Hi Alexander,

The ListItem provides OnClick handler and Swipe events.

You can check this exercise for the ToDo app:

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/804/blocks-exercise/

Maybe, I'm not fully understanding your use case...

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

That exercise won't help. 

I have a List and I have ListItems, I don't use the ListItem swipe event, I use OnClick to navigate to a detailscreen. I use SwipeEvents on the List to execute logic. But when I use that widget, my List with ListItems becomes unscrollable. It seems like the widget is bugged but I am not sure. 

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

I have a List and I have ListItems, I don't use the ListItem swipe event, I use OnClick to navigate to a detailscreen. I use SwipeEvents on the List to execute logic. But when I use that widget, my List with ListItems becomes unscrollable. It seems like the widget is bugged but I am not sure. 

Hello Alexander,

Mind sharing your oml, so we can have a better look at it.

EDITED:

I have recreated the scenario and its working fine for me, only difference is that I am using list_widget's id as an identifier for my swipe events block.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

I have recreated the scenario and its working fine for me, only difference is that I am using list_widget's id as an identifier for my swipe events block.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Could you share your oml with your solution? If can share mine tomorrow if didn't solve the problem.

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Could you share your oml with your solution? If can share mine tomorrow if didn't solve the problem.

Hello Alexander,

I am just using list_widget's id as an identifier for my swipe events block, that's it.

In your case you are using main_content's Identifier. So you just have to replace it with list_widget's id.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Hello Alexander,

I am just using list_widget's id as an identifier for my swipe events block, that's it.

In your case you are using main_content's Identifier. So you just have to replace it with list_widget's id.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi,

I've attached the oml, I have generated it for my android device and I still have the same bugs. I think it has to do with the SwipeEvent, it overwrites the default swipe in a List. 

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Hello Alexander,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi,

I've attached the oml, I have generated it for my android device and I still have the same bugs. I think it has to do with the SwipeEvent, it overwrites the default swipe in a List. 

Hello Alexander,

Got your issue, you have not disabled the full swipe properties of the list that is why it was not working.

Try disabling them.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Hello Alexander,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi,

Hello Alexander,

Got your issue, you have not disabled the full swipe properties of the list that is why it was not working.

Try disabling them.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Thank you for your reply Atul, however my SwipeUp and SwipeDown on that List still do nothing, did you see this behaviour too? 

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Alexander wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Hello Alexander,

EDITED:

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul, 

Hello Alexander,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi,

Hello Alexander,

Try disabling them.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Thank you for your reply Atul, however my SwipeUp and SwipeDown on that List still do nothing, did you see this behaviour too? 

Hello 

I have changed your oml a little coz destination refreshes the page again so better to keep an end node. 

It works for me. Attaching oml.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hello  Alexander,

Do let us know if it worked for you and also mark the answer as solution to help the community.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Hello  Alexander,

Do let us know if it worked for you and also mark the answer as solution to help the community.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul,

I have tested your oml but I still had problems swiping up and down my List. However, I did find a (temporary) solution to my problem. I have copied the SwipeEvents widget and modified it a little bit. The widget prevents all default events. So in my case it prevented the default scrolling in my List. I put in a check on the Offset X to either prevent the default events or not preventing it, allowing me to scroll down my List. 

Thank you for your time in helping me find a solution.

Alexander wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Hello  Alexander,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hi Atul,

I have tested your oml but I still had problems swiping up and down my List. However, I did find a (temporary) solution to my problem. I have copied the SwipeEvents widget and modified it a little bit. The widget prevents all default events. So in my case it prevented the default scrolling in my List. I put in a check on the Offset X to either prevent the default events or not preventing it, allowing me to scroll down my List. 

Thank you for your time in helping me find a solution.

Hello Alexander,

Same OML that I have shared worked fine for me. Anyways thanks :)

Regards,
Atul Patel