[Advanced Filter Builder] How to incorporate in application

[Advanced Filter Builder] How to incorporate in application

Forge Component
(26)
Published on 2015-01-08 by João Pêgas
26 votes
Published on 2015-01-08 by João Pêgas

Thanks for this component, I think it is a very useful tool to give users a way to build their own query/report. I am trying to incorporate it into my application to query an aggregate but I am getting a bit confused on how the web block should be used and whether I just need to clone the entire module into my main application. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am using service studio 10.0.713.0 and the demo builder works great for querying the user table.

Thanks!

First, open Datepicker, by Hugo, and publish.

Then open Advanced Filter Builder in OS, and then publish.

Now add Datepicker and Advanced Filter Builder to your app as dependencies.

Advanced Filter will now show up as a Widget.

Thanks David, give that a try and see how it goes.

There are a lot of bits and pieces that need to be duplicated from the sample into your own project.

Once things are in place... if they ever are... an initial filter works, but does not refresh the table.  It looks like the whole refresh action needs to be duplicated as well, although there's no mention of it.

After the first filter, trying to open the filter popup just results in the filter popup trying to open then disappearing.

If I log out and log back in I can get the filter popup to open once.

I then re-published the AdvancedFilter app and found that the list of field names I'd set up was not back to the original sample... although the InitializeValues action in my app was set up properly.

So... not sure what's going on.

The sample, as a published app, does run under Version 10... but 2 attempts to duplicate the process in my own app have failed.

I was able to clone the AdvancedFilterBuilder app and modify the screen preparations to ensure it references the correct data values. One thing I missed during my testing was updating the preparation and initialization of field in the Filter Pop Up. I also had an issue where the pop-up box disappears after the first filter attempt so I took a look at the service centre monitoring service and debug any old references to the user table. I will see to duplicating the same functionality in my app. So far it works using the downloaded module as the skeleton.

Will keep fine-tuning it

I'm quite new to OS so I'm not sure how everything fits together yet.

In your cloned AdvancedFilterBuilder app, did you change the base table(s) used in the SQL query?

Also, I'm wondering if the AdvancedFilter oml still plays a role in using the AdvancedFilter Widget in another app?

You need to publish the AdvancedFilter oml, and then include it as a dependency in in a new App... so I assume the AdvancedFilter oml is used from the new App.

I find it very odd that the Filter Pop Up fieldname dropdown selections revert back to the AdvancedFilter oml settings at some point.

Here's something else that's crossed my mind.  If I wanted to utilized AdvancedFilter in 2 screens of a new App, would that even be possible... without a huge number of changes?

I think I'll try again with a new app.  It's all a good exercise in learning OS.

Davidk wrote:

I'm quite new to OS so I'm not sure how everything fits together yet.

In your cloned AdvancedFilterBuilder app, did you change the base table(s) used in the SQL query?

Also, I'm wondering if the AdvancedFilter oml still plays a role in using the AdvancedFilter Widget in another app?

You need to publish the AdvancedFilter oml, and then include it as a dependency in in a new App... so I assume the AdvancedFilter oml is used from the new App.

I find it very odd that the Filter Pop Up fieldname dropdown selections revert back to the AdvancedFilter oml settings at some point.

Here's something else that's crossed my mind.  If I wanted to utilized AdvancedFilter in 2 screens of a new App, would that even be possible... without a huge number of changes?

I think I'll try again with a new app.  It's all a good exercise in learning OS.

Yep, In the screen preparations and pop-up preparation, I changed the SQL query to use the tables I needed. The _InitializeValue server action will also need to be re-written to use the field values you want. 

I have been trying incorporate the AdvancedFilter for sometime now without luck. I have used it as a dependency in my app. How do I set the List in AdvancedFilterPopup with the list of my choice instead of the default ones available with the app?

Shobana Rengarajan wrote:

I have been trying incorporate the AdvancedFilter for sometime now without luck. I have used it as a dependency in my app. How do I set the List in AdvancedFilterPopup with the list of my choice instead of the default ones available with the app?

Hi Shobana. Did you find the solution for this?