Mobile Developer Associate Certification Exam

Mobile Developer Associate Certification Exam

Sharing good news, I have passed the new Mobile Developer Associate Certification Exam with 100% score.

Anyone taking this exams?

I cannot share exam details, but if you read all lesson (or watch) and read all practice pdf, also be careful in reading tricky question, you should pass this exam with ease.

Now I need some insight on Advanced Certification Exam :)

Congrats Harlin! Good job!

Congratulations Harlin. What a score!! Cheers !!

Also please be ready for the questions on mobile development from me since I am trying very hard to learn that :)

Suraj Borade

Congratulations Harlin,

Great achievement ..good going keep it up .

Regards

-PJ-

Thank you all of you.

Do you have any information for the advanced certification exams?

Is it still in multiple choice questions?

Hi Harlin,

Are you talking about Professional Developer and Expert exams? Yes they are still multiple choice questions.

I don't know about the current status though: like the Associate before, they're in process of being revamped (the one I took in October was still P8, so questions about Simple Queries and the like), so I'd definitely wait until the new ones are available.

Congrats Harlin.  The current Professional and Expert Developer Exams are multiple choice exams.  They focus only on web concepts, best practices, advanced topics like BPT, multi-language, multi-tenancy, etc.  

There will be several new Training paths and certification announced and rolled out in Q1 of next year.  There will still be the standard Web and Mobile, so no major changes in those areas, but there will be more specific and specialized topics/roles, for example, there will new Front-end developer training and certification.

Hi Scott,

Will these changes be for current Professional Developer exam? Because I am planning to take Professional Developer exam so shall I wait till these new changes?

Hi Suraj,

Professional Developer will still be there, but there will also be a new role called Tech Lead so that may be another option depending on your preferences. 

Amazing score   ....btw what 9 and 10 number means on the badge? The platform version? Month of the exam?

I think it's platform version.

Yes, it's the Platform version, see here.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yes, it's the Platform version, see here.

Good information. The new certification system has no expiration instead showing the platform version. This makes more sense.

Also will enhance developer to collect more badges   

Yup, it's better this way :)

For every major platform release you must do the exams again... 

Great score!

Johan den Ouden wrote:

For every major platform release you must do the exams again... 

Hi Johan,

Major versions are expected to be released every 18 months or so.  If you wanted to be certified in every version you would have to take another exam, but we are considering smaller/shorter exams for people who are already certified in an expertise so they are only tested on the new topics.  Those exams would cost less as well.

Some companies stay on the same major version for a longer period of time and that may allow developers to get certified in 9 and then jump right to 11 because that is the path their company follows.  That should give individuals and companies the flexibility to be certified in the versions that are important to them without ever having an expiration problem.

Does that sound fair?  What do you think?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I like this idea:

- If you wanted to be certified in every version you would have to take another exam, but we are considering smaller/shorter exams for people who are already certified in an expertise so they are only tested on the new topics. 

Thanks all...

It would be nice if there was less tricky questions in that exams lol...

I have two medals too now!   

Yay! :) Congrats.

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Sharing good news, I have passed the new Mobile Developer Associate Certification Exam with 100% score.

Anyone taking this exams?

I cannot share exam details, but if you read all lesson (or watch) and read all practice pdf, also be careful in reading tricky question, you should pass this exam with ease.

Now I need some insight on Advanced Certification Exam :)

Hi Harlin, 

Congrats for this achievement!!

I'm currently preparing for doing the mobile exam.  I've experience in Outsystems for a year.  In the official list they advice to look at it says

" The best way to prepare is to attend the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps BootCamp or take the course online. We encourage you to study online with the following materials composed of reference help, courses, and technical notes:

? Online Training

? OutSystems 10 Documentation

? OutSystems Mobile Best Practices

? OutSystems Platform Best Practices

? Master Class on OutSystems 10 Mobile Development" 

I did a part of the Online Training half a year ago while working on a mobile app.  Since last week I continued the course again and so far have finished the big Movie app assignment.  To me the tasks asked in Movie assignment are quite straightforward and I can just do them without asking around.  

I wonder how important the rest of the documents/materials are.  Do I need to try to memorize them?  This is definitely difficult for the big Os 10 Documentation.  And probably I should revisit the online training part which I did half a year ago (slides + practice)?  Do I strictly have to book exam 3 days ahead or can I book a date and then reschedule a time (convenient) as I like?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

No, mobile online training should suffice.

This exam was designed to get right after mobile bootcamp which content is the same with mobile online training.

About the exam, you have to book it with the date and time.

If you can't attend that moment, doesn't matter if you can one hour later. You have to reschedule it for at least 72 hours later.

If it is something like 10 minutes delay, I guess that's not a problem. They expect you to take some time to start the process. But at least log in so they know you are on your way.

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

This exam was designed to get right after mobile bootcamp which content is the same with mobile online training.

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that I don't need to spend time on checking the rest of materials as they are not important for the exam.  Strange Outsystems puts them into the material list :(

The movie assignment has 2 parts and the 2nd is called optional.  I thought doing this one requires some extra check on those master class training but found everything actually in the online training.  Dunno why it's named optional...

Daniel Xu wrote:

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that I don't need to spend time on checking the rest of materials as they are not important for the exam.  Strange Outsystems puts them into the material list :(

The movie assignment has 2 parts and the 2nd is called optional.  I thought doing this one requires some extra check on those master class training but found everything actually in the online training.  Dunno why it's named optional...

Hi Daniel,

Harlin's answer isn't completely correct.  The exam was not designed with the mobile course in mind.  The exam was designed to cover the basic knowledge and skills required to be able to develop applications on your own.  

The mobile course was designed to be a fun and and good learning experience that covered most of the topics in the exam.  Some students that complete the course and all the exercises are able to pass the exam without studying any extra materials, but there are questions on the exam that are not covered in the course.  Tthere aren't a large number of those, but there are some.  

So saying that you don't need to check the rest of the materials isn't necessarily a true statement.  Some students who only take the course pass the exam and some don't.  It depends on how well they learned the materials and their how much experience they have.  

We mention other specific resources like the Mobile Best Practices, Platform Best Practices, and the Mobile Master Class because they are good resources that cover important mobile concepts and topics.  We mention the documentation because it is a good tool to help explain certain things you may not understand using online courses alone, but it is a reference, not required reading.  There is no expectation that you know everything in the documentation.

Finally, the 2nd part of the movie assignment is called optional because some people may not be able to complete it in the original time estimate for the course.  Although they are interesting, the exercises they weren't considered necessary to complete the course, therefore the optional tag is more about time than about content.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions,

Scott

I thought Master class was only needed for second level exam?

Sorry if I was wrong...

I have never started Master class, but I experienced couple fun projects and natural passion to explore things.

I got 100% score, and for me at least, all exams questions are there in Basic Mobile training...

Of course, there's a couple tricky questions...

Scott Karabin wrote:

Daniel Xu wrote:

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Harlin's answer isn't completely correct.  The exam was not designed with the mobile course in mind.  The exam was designed to cover the basic knowledge and skills required to be able to develop applications on your own.  

The mobile course was designed to be a fun and and good learning experience that covered most of the topics in the exam.  Some students that complete the course and all the exercises are able to pass the exam without studying any extra materials, but there are questions on the exam that are not covered in the course.  Tthere aren't a large number of those, but there are some.  

So saying that you don't need to check the rest of the materials isn't necessarily a true statement.  Some students who only take the course pass the exam and some don't.  It depends on how well they learned the materials and their how much experience they have.  

We mention other specific resources like the Mobile Best Practices, Platform Best Practices, and the Mobile Master Class because they are good resources that cover important mobile concepts and topics.  We mention the documentation because it is a good tool to help explain certain things you may not understand using online courses alone, but it is a reference, not required reading.  There is no expectation that you know everything in the documentation.

Finally, the 2nd part of the movie assignment is called optional because some people may not be able to complete it in the original time estimate for the course.  Although they are interesting, the exercises they weren't considered necessary to complete the course, therefore the optional tag is more about time than about content.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for the detailed information.  I pass the exam too (94%)!!  Not as perfect as Harlin though :). 

I worked on a mobile project for a few months last year.  And I got experience in web part too from other projects.  To prepare for the exam I went through all online training materials (slides + exercises) and the final assignment myself.  As far as I can remember all questions in the exam have their answers covered by the online training.

Cheers,

Daniel Xu 

Congrats Daniel!  That's a great score.

you only get the badge when you pass the certification exam?

Nicolás Ortiz wrote:

Hi Nicolas.  Yes, the badge is only displayed when you pass the certification exam.

Scott Karabin wrote:

Nicolás Ortiz wrote:

Hi Nicolas.  Yes, the badge is only displayed when you pass the certification exam.

but you don't get a certicated or something?

Ah, sorry Nicolas.  I didn't quite read your question correctly.  

You also can download a PDF of a certificate that states you are certified for the type and level of the exam you pass.

You can also share your badges on LinkedIn, FaceBook, and Twitter.