Trying to use EnhancedWebReference extension on Hub Server version (4.0.1.11)

Trying to use EnhancedWebReference extension on Hub Server version (4.0.1.11)

Hello,

I'm trying to use the EnhancedWebReference extension. My Hub Server version is (4.0.1.11) and i cant publish the version EnhancedWebReferences321.xif. It gives me de error:

"This Extension version (3.2.1.28) is not compatible with the current Hub Server version (4.0.1.11)."

Then i publish the version EnhancedWebReferences401.xif and it all goes well, but when i call a method of the extension it throws an exception:

Could not load type OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.WSEnhancementsElement from assembly OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform, Version=4.0.1.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

at OutSystems.NssEnhancedWebReferences.CssEnhancedWebReferences.MssSetWebReferenceCredencials (String ssWebReferenceName, String ssUserName, String ssPassword)
at ssDocumentTemplates.RssExtensionEnhancedWebReferences.MssSetWebReferenceCredencials(HeContext heContext, String inParamWebReferenceName, String inParamUserName, String inParamPassword)
at ssDocumentTemplates.Actions.UserActionTimerArchiveDocs (HeContext heContext, String& outParammessage, Boolean inParamTest)

Does someone knows why this happend and how can i resolve this?
Thanks,
Gonçalo Marques
Hi Gonçalo

As you can find on the EnhancedWebreference solution history page (http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkSolutions/ChangeLog.aspx?ProjectId=27), the minimal Hub Server necessary to run this solution is Hub Server 4.0.1.15 (for 4.0 release).

Update your Hub Server component do the latest 4.0 Hub Server revision, and try using it again.

Cheers
Hi,

Is it possible to use EnhancedWebReferences extension in Hub Server version(4.0.1.11)?

Do i must update my Hub Server component to use this extension?

I need to do the authentication to use a web service, is it another way to acess web references that need authentication?
Thanks,
Gonçalo Marques
Hi Gonçalo

The EnhancedWebreferences uses new features that are only available on Hub Server 4.0.1.15 or higher, hence you must update your Hub Server component to use it.

The alternative is to use an extension to consume and invoke the web service, but you'll have to write the entire invocation code in ASP.NET, as well as the data structures for it, and the code for authenticating web services . Obviously, this has a greater cost of implementation and maintaining the code.

I believe the update to the latest Hub Server revision is the best approach, since it will also gain from a lot of bugfixes that improve performance and stability of the OutSystems platform.

Cheers