Mobile App - Side Bar - Part 3 : missing instruction

Mobile App - Side Bar - Part 3 : missing instruction

hi there,

I work the Sidebar exercise "Part 3: Add a Category filter to the Sidebar.", the final state before i do this is:

and the final state after doing this:

I do not read the instruction to delete "ClearAllLocalStorage", do i miss a step or is the instruction not there? 

Thank you.

regards,

A

I still have the Client Side Action ClearAllLocalStorage in my app... I did not delete it.

I think that make sense because after local storage is cleared, it's being rebuilt.  ClearAllLocalStorage deletes all rows from 5 tables... and then those 5 tables get rebuilt.

It's either a mistake in the flow or a mistake in the instructions... but the app seems to be fine with that action still in place.

hi Davidk,

I think the exercise is correct that we have to delete it as the new attribute IsSelected is introduced. If the ClearAllLocalStorage is still there then this part (see the arrow) will return nothing because all the local category records are deleted before:

regards,

A

Solution

Agreed.

I hadn't notice it before, but my Search Category Checkbox List always had all rows Checked... because IsSelected was always rebuilt as True... and never updated with the persistent value from the Local Entity.

Nice sleuthing Anonymous.

Have to say... testing that was probably the easiest process I've ever gone through.  Simply deleted the Client Action, published, fired up the app, it updated.  Very nice.

Solution

hi David, 

The ClearAllLocalStorage is required to not duplicate record TODO in the local, but i take away the local Category deletion:

regards,

A

Excellent... thanks.