Overriding tabindex with extended properties seems not work

Overriding tabindex with extended properties seems not work

I've some "links" elements in my page, and I would like disabled tabindex on them. I've tried use the "extended properties" and place: tabindex = "-1", but when page is render Outsystems seems autoasign tabindex, overriding my extended properties.

I've used a "workarround", placing an "special class" called "NoTabIndex", and using Jquery to find this elements, and replacing his tabindex propertu, like this:

"$('.NoTabIndex').prop('tabindex','-1');"

But really I do not like this solution, and I need to be careful with situations like ajax fresh, or things like that. Is there any cleaner solution? I am doing something wrong? Is any way to make Outsystems preserve my extended properties?

Hello Carlos,

Are you in Mobile or in Web?

In Web I can get to do it without problem. OutSystems is respecting.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Is a Web Application. I've cleared it all, and only left the link

And, when render the page:

The tabindex is "18" instead "-1". So I believe that Outsystems is automatically autonumering all inputs and links with some internal tabindex counter, ignoring my own extended property

Hello Carlos,

Could you make a small test?

Try it with an action instead of a navigate.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

I've tested with an screen action instead link, and as you suspected works fine this way, but the element from which I want to remove the tabindex is really a PopUp (that is rendered as a navigating link) so I should matain the navigate method... Any idea why or how I solve it?

Thx a lot!

Solution

I know a workaround... May be useful for you.

Make the button/link that opens the popup invisible (CSS display:none.
And add a new text with a div around it that executes a "$('#" + openpopup.id + "').click();" in the onclick (extended properties) of the div.

This will not be a link, but it will work.

You can also put an expression with a link tag with the code in the onclick, and use a link yourself (but if the page has form I think the outsystems link will be problematic).

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Great idea! 

Apparently browsers ignores tabindex of hiddens elements, so autogenerated tabindex links is ignored if display:none is applied to link and use this workarround. 

Anyway, is a strange beheavior override the extended tabindex property; this behavior is not present when you use screen actions, or in inputs elements.

Regards,
Carlos

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

I know a workaround... May be useful for you.

Make the button/link that opens the popup invisible (CSS display:none.
And add a new text with a div around it that executes a "$('#" + openpopup.id + "').click();" in the onclick (extended properties) of the div.

This will not be a link, but it will work.

You can also put an expression with a link tag with the code in the onclick, and use a link yourself (but if the page has form I think the outsystems link will be problematic).

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Can you please send a sample oml for solution you explained it will be helpful for me.

Regards

-SK-