CSS resource cannot be found

CSS resource cannot be found

I have a Layout webblock Layout_SB_FullWidthLandingpage in module SB_Theme. I use this layout in another module say <consumer>.

On the Layout I have some CSS and some JS.

In the DEV and TST environment this works fine.

In PRD we have a problem. The JS resource can be found, but the CSS resource gives a 403, forbidden. So the layout of that screen is messed up.

See the attachment for some screenshots and observations.

OS 9, cloud

Hi Hans,

Maybe that's not the issue, but,... is the version of the SB_Theme in PRD the same as the version in DEV/TST?

Cheers,

José

yes the same version...

Hi,

- it can be the deploy did not went well (are there issues in the deployment log?)

- is this the only css where you have issues?

it could be that because you have many css-requests IIS and/or some firewall decides to stop the responses.

- which 9 version is the platform server exactly?

Probably this is a shoot ini the water, but...

Could be a problem of SEO rules, that is redirecting a valid request to a place where the resource is not there?
In any case, why it is in a place in DEV/TST, and in a different place in PRD????

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

J. wrote:

Hi,

- it can be the deploy did not went well (are there issues in the deployment log?)

- is this the only css where you have issues?

it could be that because you have many css-requests IIS and/or some firewall decides to stop the responses.

- which 9 version is the platform server exactly?

Hi J.

- someone else did the deploy and I cannot see the log (no administrator(. I didn't hear of problems/warnings, but I will ask him asap

- no, there were three problems. The one mentioned, another was some css in a pattern from a SB_Patterns module. The third was an image in the SB_Patterns, but that one had Public = No.  

- if there are/were too many requests, can I determine that somewhere?

Hello Hans,

I find difficult to believe that was a deploy failure, just because if you (the development team) don't know about deployment failures, you have a bigger problem than this strange behaviour.

But a deployment can be  wrong even if you don't get any errors. For example, if there are missing modules that make the newer ones use previous versions. Again, this would indicate a bigger problem in the process.

But the error you described, that the CSS is not where it was supposed to be, but is at the server (in a different location), is veeeery strange, and a deploy failure is not to be discarded.T

The CSS files are automatically generated by the platform.

Unless you are messing with the HTML header being generated before the answer is being sent to the browser, or is messing with SEO, it is hard to tell what is happening. 

Could you show the html header of the module giving problem in dev and in prod?

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Probably this is a shoot ini the water, but...

Could be a problem of SEO rules, that is redirecting a valid request to a place where the resource is not there?
In any case, why it is in a place in DEV/TST, and in a different place in PRD????

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi

There is indeed a SEO rule in place, of type SiteRuleList. But that same rule is also valid for the ACC environment and there it works.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Hans,

I find difficult to believe that was a deploy failure, just because if you (the development team) don't know about deployment failures, you have a bigger problem than this strange behaviour.

But a deployment can be  wrong even if you don't get any errors. For example, if there are missing modules that make the newer ones use previous versions. Again, this would indicate a bigger problem in the process.

But the error you described, that the CSS is not where it was supposed to be, but is at the server (in a different location), is veeeery strange, and a deploy failure is not to be discarded.T

The CSS files are automatically generated by the platform.

Unless you are messing with the HTML header being generated before the answer is being sent to the browser, or is messing with SEO, it is hard to tell what is happening. 

Could you show the html header of the module giving problem in dev and in prod?

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

you mean the <head> tag of the screen?

Yes :)

Just to see if they are basically the same, or else :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

still asking if i'm allowed to share that info...

@Eduardo Jauch

How can I send you the info privately?

Of course :)