Dynamically generated input fields on a screen

Dynamically generated input fields on a screen

I have a situation where we are looking at using an external bank account verification system. The user enters their bank routing number, and their account number. Based on that data, the external system responds back with html that we need to display to the user to collect their online credentials, or whatever is being asked for, and there are hundreds of variations of how this small html block can come back. I want to be able to use the responses to the htm block, to be able to call the external service and register the external account. This will eventually give the ability for users to transfer funds or fund their new account.

How can I utilize external HTML, which I can place on the screen using an expression/un-encoded and get the responses back?
Example:
1. User enters a Bank Routing Number (122000247), a function is called and it returns a Bank Name(Wells Fargo Bank) and an internal identifier (5); Obviously Outsystems has no problems with that.

2. We call another function which we pass in the internal identifier (5) and it returns back HTML code which I need to display on the screen, to collect the users data, and then pass it on to another function call.

Obviously, we could strip off the form tag from the string, leaving just plain html. Unfortunately, this data varies in field names, number of fields, etc, so it can’t be hardcoded on the screen. I haven’t tried, but I’m also sure its not as simple as prefixing everything with wt_ as well.
How can I use the returned HTML form in Outsystems?
<form action="#">
<table border="1">
<tr>
<td>Username/SSN:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="LOGIN" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Password:</td>
<td>
<input type="password" name="PASSWORD" value="" size="20" maxlength="40"
/>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Question1:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN1" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Answer1:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN2" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Question2:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN3" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Answer2:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN4" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Question3:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN5" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Answer3:</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="OP_LOGIN6" value="" size="20" maxlength="40" />

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

I need to be able to "receive" the OP_LOGIN1, 2,3,4,5, etc. values
Any suggestions / ideas?
Hi Ken,

What you are trying to achieve is not very basic but here is an idea that might work:

javascript/pseudocode
onButtonClick()

for each element in form
commaSeparatedValues += element.value + ","
document.location.href= "processForm.aspx?values=" + encodeURL(commaSeparatedValues)

(you can find several encodeURL javascript functions on the web)
And then create an OutSystems web screen (processForm) with a values parameter and process these concatenated values.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
I had that idea in mind, I just didn't want to go down that path if I didn't have to. My other thought is that the html that is delivered is in a consistent table format. I played with the idea of writing an extension that would parse the html table and put the results into a record list to be returned to the OS App. The record list would also have an extra field called response. Once the app has the record list, I could put a repeating table records to display the question / input field and have the input field point to the table record response field.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ken
Hi!

I'm using web blocks with one textarea inside. Each page I am building  can have one or more textareas (it's dynamic). I need to have an unique id for each one. How can I do that if the input name only accepts strings? 
Solved:
Using the extended properties instead of the Name.