Mobile App - Plugins - Extensibility Configuration

Mobile App - Plugins - Extensibility Configuration

hi there,

I am wondering what this code wants to tell?

regards,

A

Solution

Hello A.

It is telling the platform where to look for the plugin's code. In this case, you are providing the code through an URL (the code is in GitHub).

So, when you are creating the app package, the platform will go fetch the plugin's code in that URL to bundle with your application.

To know more, you can take a look here and in the linked documentation.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Thank you Eduardo,

I have tried by offline and the dialog plugin still works so i can conclude that the plugin's code is gravitated to the app package in the device's web view .

regards,

A

Yes I think that's how OS behave. Not like conventional coding. Similar to dependencies. It is tied to main app, changes on the library don't reflect immediately until you republish it.

The plugins are bounded with yout mobile code. It is part of your application.
That is the reason why, if you remove or add a new plugin, you must create a new package of the application.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Yes, it is correct that the Cordova plugins is in the device and the Android support it. The application package is rendered by a web view inside a native mobile container such that it can access the native feature of the device just through a java script API.

cheers,

A