[Quick App Template] Unknown "Generate Token" error after upgrading references

[Quick App Template] Unknown "Generate Token" error after upgrading references

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 17 Feb by Scott Karabin
7 votes
Published on 17 Feb by Scott Karabin

Hi Team,

I installed the app template and all it's dependencies. Before the upgrade there was no errors, after the upgrade there is 2 errors. In the GetFirebaseData server action is says "Required Property Value
Unknown 'GenerateToken' Action in 'GenerateFirebaseToken' Run Server Action.".

Please advise as to how to fix.

Hi Botha,

Can you explain what upgrade you are referring to? There is only one published version of this component.

Hi Jorge,

I needed to upgrade the application to the latest platform version I am working on which is 10.0.702.0.

Then I needed to refresh all the module dependencies. It is after this that the Firebase module became incompatible as there is now server actions that have changed / fell away as indicated above.

Which actions have replaced the legacy ones?

Regards

Solution

Hi Jorge,

Looks like the GenerateToken was moved to the FireBaseUtils library. I updated the reference and now the solution is working.

Thanks

Solution

Hi Botha,

Thanks for the explanation, these kinds of changes add strength to our intent of removing the FireBase dependency altogether, it will simplify the template and we're not making use of it afterwards anyway... 

Hi,

I have the same problem with this app template. I have downloaded and open the application.

I have change the dependencies to FirebaseUtils but still have the same error.

Please help me how to fix this.

Thank you.

Hi Allan,

Unless you expect to need Firebase, I suggest you remove all screens and and references to Firebase altogether. If you do need them, then I suggest you take a look at the latest version of the Customer App Template, the basis of this template, as our next release will be a further streamlined version that removes all those dependencies.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you had said. 

Thanks.