Users Synchronization

Users Synchronization

Hello, 

I have an Enterprise License and we have our authentication method through AD. The thing is that there is a synchronization timer occurring every day at 4am that synchronizes 500 users from AD (which is our limit). I need to change the way this is done, because currently it is synchronizing the first 500 active users from AD, but in our AD we have some service accounts that we don't need to have in our out systems Users DB. 

How can I do that without causing too many issues with the current authentication?

Thanks,

Best regards

Inês 

Hello Inês

The first thing that comes to mind is adding a flag on the table you are syncing, indication whether or not the user should be synced 

Regards,

Ângelo

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Inês

The first thing that comes to mind is adding a flag on the table you are syncing, indication whether or not the user should be synced 

Regards,

Ângelo

Thanks for the quick reply, the thing is that I don't want to change the tables, I just want to change the method of synchronization by verifying some more things - I believe I hadn't mentioned that previously. 

I don't if it is possible to change the SynchronizeDomainUsers timer in the Users eSpace (which doesn't seem easy to do unless I clone the Users eSpace - but this may bring some issues).

Hi Inês,

The SynchronizeDomainUsers only synchronizes the Users that are already in the User Entity. And it has no limit of 500...

Are you sure you are not using another component to do the synchronization? Like this one: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/1023/

Another thing,... regarding the changing an action from the Users: You can do it. Just clone the Users module, and copy what you want in there to your own application. The issues sometime appear if you publish the clone and then use it as a users provider. In that case the logic in there will run on another tenant (different from the Users Tenant).

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Inês,

The SynchronizeDomainUsers only synchronizes the Users that are already in the User Entity. And it has no limit of 500...

Are you sure you are not using another component to do the synchronization? Like this one: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/1023/

Another thing,... regarding the changing an action from the Users: You can do it. Just clone the Users module, and copy what you want in there to your own application. The issues sometime appear if you publish the clone and then use it as a users provider. In that case the logic in there will run on another tenant (different from the Users Tenant).

Cheers,

José

Hi José, 

The 500 limit is because of our license, not necessarily from the User Entity.

I found a way to do so.

Thanks for your reply :)

Hello Inês,

Would be a problem to share how you did? 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch