Read file bytes

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone might know of or has already created an extension/action that allows to read part of a file.

I want this, because i need a way of copying large files from one place to another, using webservices, without taking all of the CPU and bandwidth.

Any ideas/solutions?

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo!

I once did a similar thing, where I had to process a 3GB file of data - 15 million records, in text - and insert its content into the database, record by record.

I don't have the exact code here, but in my scenario, it was an assynchronous process, running in a timer.

I kept somewhere the bytes that I had already read, and every time the timer ran, it would check what was the last byte that was read, and proceed to read some more.

Nonetheless, if you're talking about Web Services, I'm not sure that this is what you're looking for - I woudl imagine that, unless you're going to create a new process to handle it, you'd want to do this as fast as possible, so that the connection wouldn't timeout.

Maybe if you could explain your scenario a bit better, we'd be able to have a better picture of how to approach your problem.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello Paulo,

Basically i have an ftp server, and have a storage server as well.

My wish is to take the files from the ftp server, and copy them to the storage, with maximum performance, and not taking too much bandwitdth. The files in storage are all referenced in FileStorage Outsystems app, so in the process i have to build the FileStorage register as well.

That is why the thought of some ReadFilePart came up.

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro