Updating Entity

Updating Entity

Dear All,

Currently new to the platform. I can't figure out how to update any Entity Record. what i'm trying to do is not so much on what the tutorial has taught (saveonclick), but more on updating it directly via Id. Could someone please teach me how to do it? thanks! 

James

Hi James,

could you upload the application or module and explain in more detail what you are trying to do? You can save the application/module from within Service Studio itself.

Every (non-static) entity created from within Service Studio gets automatically an action called Update<NameOfTheEntity> associated with it. You can use this action to update a given entity record in the database. All you need to do is to pass the record after changing it to this action and the change will be persisted in the database. Note that you must not change the id of the entity record as it is used by this action to identify the record that needs to be updated.

Pedro Rodrigues wrote:

Hi James,

could you upload the application or module and explain in more detail what you are trying to do? You can save the application/module from within Service Studio itself.

Every (non-static) entity created from within Service Studio gets automatically an action called Update<NameOfTheEntity> associated with it. You can use this action to update a given entity record in the database. All you need to do is to pass the record after changing it to this action and the change will be persisted in the database. Note that you must not change the id of the entity record as it is used by this action to identify the record that needs to be updated.

And is there some way to import records into static entity from external EXCEL files?

There are so many static entities and records to process........

Thank you for your time.