Database didn't reduce after deleting old eSpace

Database didn't reduce after deleting old eSpace

So my database's still full (90%) even after i deleted a lot of old eSpace. Why it didnt reduce? 

Hi Ervin,

After deleting the old espace you need to execute below Shrink commands:

alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION Enable row movement;
alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION MODIFY lob (OML_FILE) (shrink space);
alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION Disable row movement;
ALTER INDEX PK_OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION REBUILD;

Then your database size will reduce.

Regards

-SK-

Hi Shasi,

Where i can execute those commands?

Thanks, 

Hi Ervin,

You can execute above commands from database editor or ask your DBA to run these commands.

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Hi Ervin,

As Sashi mentioned, you would need to Shrink the files tor release the space back to the Operating System. It is not generally recommended to shrink a data file as it can cause fragmentation and thus cause performance issues. Please consider execute the Shrink operation followed by rebuilding of all the indexes in the database.

Here some help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/databases/shrink-a-database#TsqlProcedure

Solution

i'm sorry, but i'm still confuse about this command thing. 

My environment database is almost full (90%). So using DBCleaner i deleted my old eSpace. but, even after deleted a lot of eSpace, my environment database's still almost full (90%) and didn't reduce a little bit. So, using command that Shashi mention before will reduce my database environment? and where is the database editor to execute the command in the ServiceCenter?

Thanks

Hi Ervin,

Are you using the platform on cloud or on on-premises?

You don't have access to your Platform database? Those operations are to be performed by someone with Database access and specific privileges.

You won't be able to execute that on your personal environment.

In resume, if you delete DB data that space won't be imediatly avaialable because database will grow, and it will make use of that "reserved" space.