[Elasticsearch Core] Elastic search - Bulk insert returns 406 Not Acceptable

[Elasticsearch Core] Elastic search - Bulk insert returns 406 Not Acceptable

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-10-19 by Labs
3 votes
Published on 2017-10-19 by Labs

Did anyone succeed in bulk-inserting records into Elastic Search?

I tried using the elastic-components in the forge and replacing url with the cloud-evaluation-url I got frorn elastic.

I constantly get the message above. When trying tot test the Webservice in Service studio, service studio hangs.  

Singe insert, query and delete does work, only bulk-actions keep failing.

Any idea?

Hi Joost,

Have you tried the call using the bulk API via curl or the Kibana test tools?

What is the HTTP method you're using? Can you share an example of the content you're sending to Elasticsearch?

Cheers,

Renato

Joost Rutten wrote:

Did anyone succeed in bulk-inserting records into Elastic Search?

I tried using the elastic-components in the forge and replacing url with the cloud-evaluation-url I got frorn elastic.

I constantly get the message above. When trying tot test the Webservice in Service studio, service studio hangs.  

Singe insert, query and delete does work, only bulk-actions keep failing.

Any idea?

Solution

Thanks for your reply. 

An example can be found in the Forge (elastic web-example). 

Found the solution by trying getpostman and reproduce the error in that tool. Problem was the content/type that had to be set in the header to : Application/Json. 

Solution

Glad you solved it.

I also have been struggling with Elasticsearch API (specially the search part) and the direct calls using curl / Kibana test tools always help.

I'll give Postman a look - thanks. 

Cheers,

Renato

Joost Rutten wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

An example can be found in the Forge (elastic web-example). 

Found the solution by trying getpostman and reproduce the error in that tool. Problem was the content/type that had to be set in the header to : Application/Json.