Bootstrapping with Identifiers

Hi,

I am trying to add data with an excel file. The data has foreign keys that reference other tables in the database, the bootstrapper doesn't recognise these fields in the excel file, how can i get this to work?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Benjamin,

Are you importing these Excel files directly as entities in Service Studio, or starting from zero?

If you are importing them as entities, you can right-click your Id attribute and choose the option "Set as Identifier". After that, it's just a matter of deleting the old identifier.

To create the relationship between the Parent and Child entities, assuming you have an attribute in Child named "FatherId", you need to set its Data Type to Parent Identifier.

Romero wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Are you importing these Excel files directly as entities in Service Studio, or starting from zero?

If you are importing them as entities, you can right-click your Id attribute and choose the option "Set as Identifier". After that, it's just a matter of deleting the old identifier.

To create the relationship between the Parent and Child entities, assuming you have an attribute in Child named "FatherId", you need to set its Data Type to Parent Identifier.

No I have created the structures and am attempting to add the data, I have for example a Question with a SubjectId foreign key in the question table, the bootstrapper doesn't recognize this corresponding value in the excel sheet.

Hi,

Are the entity attributes type equal to the excel sheet? Are they in the same order? Have you tried to create a table directly from the excel ? Maybe you can avoid those problems.

Romero wrote:

Hi,

Are the entity attributes type equal to the excel sheet? Are they in the same order? Have you tried to create a table directly from the excel ? Maybe you can avoid those problems.

yes I looked up the specific Ids etc, i did try it but that caused more errors.

Can you provide the oml and the excel file you are trying to import?

Solution

Found a solution, set all the Identifiers to integers, perform the bootstrap and then change the fields back to identifiers. Seemed to do the trick.

Solution