Create Menu and Sub-Menu Items using Silk UI

Hi,

I am trying to add Menu and Sub-Menu items using Silk UI Lisbon theme.  I find references on how to do this, but some of these answers look like they are from 9.0.  Other video with .SWF doesn't work because I don't have player, I think.  Of course I am doing something wrong, but why so hard?

Thank you for your time.

Sad Larry

Hi Larry,

You can use the scaffold by drag and dropping a screen into the menu bar:

The other alternative is by modify manually the menu web block and the static entities supporting the menu:

Cheers,

Renato

Larry Mills wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to add Menu and Sub-Menu items using Silk UI Lisbon theme.  I find references on how to do this, but some of these answers look like they are from 9.0.  Other video with .SWF doesn't work because I don't have player, I think.  Of course I am doing something wrong, but why so hard?

Thank you for your time.

Sad Larry

Renato answered for single level of menu...

For sub menu:

Go to menu block, in Widget Tree pane, right click on 1 of DropDownMenu, then Display Mode -> Show All Placeholder.

Sub Menu placeholder will appear, and you can drag and drop a screen to this sub menu.

Hope it helps...

HI,

I have the same problem. I am not able to insert menu and submenu. I am using 11.0.

porque é tão tão complicado assim?

não consegui ! gostaria de criar um menu com submenus 

cadastros                      relatórios         sair

alunos

turmas

disciplinas

etc.

é difícil 

Hi Orlecy,

Please use English in the forums so that more people may be able to understand your questions and everyone will be able to benefit from the discussion.

It's actually not too complicated to add menus/sub-menus to an OutSystems application.

Top-level menus can be automatically generated by dragging-and-dropping a Screen to the Menu block, just like Renato explained.

Sub-menus behave the same way, you just need to drag-and-drop the Screen to the correct placeholder (slightly trickier, but Harlin's explanation is on the dot):

• Open the Menu web block
  • Select the top-level menu (use the Widget Tree on the right-side of Service Studio to more easily identify the DropDownMenu web block that represents the top level menu you're interested in)
  • Drag-and-drop the Screen you want to make accessible through a sub-menu to the Sub Menu placeholder.
  • Service Studio will automatically generate the required sub-menu entry

Hope this helps!