[Extension FtpWebRequest] Not able to loggin

[Extension FtpWebRequest] Not able to loggin

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 13 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski
5 votes
Published on 13 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski

Hello, I've never been able to loggin my ftp server using this component. can you help to check why?

this is a testing ftp account, which can be functional with filezilla:

host: ftp.furnitureobjects.com,  port 21

user: ftest@furnitureobjects.com

pass: tSfb}68]-Sxd

it works well with filezilla. however when using this component it always return "530 not logged in" error.

Jorey LF wrote:

Hello, I've never been able to loggin my ftp server using this component. can you help to check why?

this is a testing ftp account, which can be functional with filezilla:

host: ftp.furnitureobjects.com,  port 21

user: ftest@furnitureobjects.com

pass: tSfb}68]-Sxd

it works well with filezilla. however when using this component it always return "530 not logged in" error.

Hi,

You're behind a proxy?

Hi Maycon, 

I tried to directly use the "try now" button on forge page, and also tried to install it in our OS cloud, the result is the same.

Jorey

I'm planning to give this extension a try later, but I have gotten that 530 before. If your FTP is hosted on a IIS Server, this documentation may help resolve your issue. If not, it may point you in the right direction. That 530 can be a pain to get rid of sometimes...

Configure FTP with IIS Manager Authentication in IIS 7.x

Hope this helps!

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

I'm planning to give this extension a try later, but I have gotten that 530 before. If your FTP is hosted on a IIS Server, this documentation may help resolve your issue. If not, it may point you in the right direction. That 530 can be a pain to get rid of sometimes...

Configure FTP with IIS Manager Authentication in IIS 7.x

Hope this helps!

I gave this a try and I'm getting The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in as well. Has anyone figured out what the problem is? The above resolved this issue for me before, but not this time.

Hi.

I've tried now and conected ok.
In my scenario, using SSL.

Did yout tried with this option (if your config for FTP uses)?

Note: FTP Settings need of your FTP repository and account.

Had the same problem...

The extension uses (on different places) EncodeURL() for the username and Password... This doesn't work if one has a special character.......
Without EncodeURL it works fine.....