Save local variables to a Data Static Entity, Data Entity,and SQL Database.New here!!

Save local variables to a Data Static Entity, Data Entity,and SQL Database.New here!!

How do you save those local variable created here  to a Data static entity and also a variable to a sql. Sorry because I am new here at using outsystems. Im a Game developer in Android. I adjust to study software system and develop.

Hello Raven,

I strongly advice you follow the online training or take live class. Otherwise, your ability to develope with OutSystems will be compromised.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/1/becoming-a-mobile-developer/

You can't change static entities in run time.Not even Local ones. The records must be provided during design time.

And not sure what do you meant by saving a local variable to "sql"...

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote: Im sorry, im just new at your System. I just want to make it clear and i dont have time to watch videos because I do have a projects on rush thats why Im asking for an easy way or a simple code for reference if you want to share because my company said that ill be using Outsystems because its an easier way to create an app, Im sorry im new sir , I just needed help right now :(  Youre going to save the variables or paramaters to MY SQL Database? . Thank you fellow programmer

Cheers.

Hello Raven,

I strongly advice you follow the online training or take live class. Otherwise, your ability to develope with OutSystems will be compromised.

You can't change static entities in run time.Not even Local ones. The records must be provided during design time.

Cheers.

Raven Supilanas wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote: Im sorry, im just new at your System. I just want to make it clear and i dont have time to watch videos because I do have a projects on rush thats why Im asking for an easy way or a simple code for reference if you want to share because my company said that ill be using Outsystems because its an easier way to create an app, Im sorry im new sir , I just needed help right now :(  Youre going to save the variables or paramaters to MY SQL Database? . Thank you fellow programmer

Cheers.

Hello Raven,

Cheers.

Hi Raven, 

I agree with Eduardo, best way to learn to use this platform is to watch those videos because if you just see code for reference, you wont be learning it in full potential.

Abílio Matos

Hello Raven,

I do not mean any disrespect, and I understand your situation, but the forum is a community thingand is for clear small questions.
We answer here by the sake of the community, and because we like to help.
But we are not being paid to answer, while you are being paid to do the project.

If you need a guide to go through all the steps necessary to build a mobile application, and you will need as you have no formal training in OutSystems, you are asking for someone to almost do the project with you.

Usually this would be a paid job.
You can pay someone to help you, you can pay someone to do the job for you, and you can of course be luck enough and get all the answers you want from someone willing to work for you without being paid.

I pointed you in the direction of the tutorials, as it will give you the basic material you need to know in order to build an app.

Said that, in the tutorials you will learn how to save data to database.

Again, I mean no disrespect, but help you with real doubts (and pointing the tutorials is a valid help) is one thing, help you do the project is another.

Cheers.
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Raven,

I do not mean any disrespect, and I understand your situation, but the forum is a community thingand is for clear small questions.
We answer here by the sake of the community, and because we like to help.
But we are not being paid to answer, while you are being paid to do the project.

If you need a guide to go through all the steps necessary to build a mobile application, and you will need as you have no formal training in OutSystems, you are asking for someone to almost do the project with you.

Usually this would be a paid job.
You can pay someone to help you, you can pay someone to do the job for you, and you can of course be luck enough and get all the answers you want from someone willing to work for you without being paid.

I pointed you in the direction of the tutorials, as it will give you the basic material you need to know in order to build an app.

Said that, in the tutorials you will learn how to save data to database.

Again, I mean no disrespect, but help you with real doubts (and pointing the tutorials is a valid help) is one thing, help you do the project is another.

Cheers.
Eduardo Jauch

I just need some of advice, thats all. If this is a community, we need to help each other. Im not asking you to create a project , I am asking how? right?  why do you need to apply those videos to tell how to use that thing in a hard way to watch right? ,  thats why im here at the community to give some little of advice.  Other communities are good such as UNITY and Android Studio , Im just need a help to understand such a little thing other than watching videos. Just a little piece of advice to my problem thats all.  Any ways. Thank you and Godbles Have a nice day. I dont want to disrespect your honorable number 1 spot in top poster. 

Raven,

We are not supposed to "teach" programming OutSystems here.
We are supposed to help with things that you studied and do not understand, or with things that are not covered in the documentation.

I gave you the answer before.

1. Static Entiites can't be changed in runtime. You need to add records in Service Studio (Design Time).
2. How to store data in database: I can't teach you, here, how to do that. That is for what the documentation is for. If you don't understand something, we can help, but you asked how to save variables in database... This is too borad and the answer is: Go study. We will not put the documentation here. This does not make any sense.

I don't start using any tool before learning how to use. If you do that, changes are (very high indeed) that you will end up with a crap application.

So, go train yourself in OutSystems. THis will pay off, even if you will have to delay your project delivery.
By the way, any contractor asking you to do something using a tool that you don't know how to use is absolutely out of his mind.

And even you being sarcastic, It's ok. No problem. :)
Go study, come back with your questions, and we will help you.

Cheers.