Possible to convert local storage into an excel file? Mobile app.

Possible to convert local storage into an excel file? Mobile app.

Is it possible to convert local storage db to an excel file , or pass the local storage through saving values to an excel file

Hi Raven,

Excel file manipulation is only available server-side. On the client-side you can easily manipulate JSON.

Can you explain why you need to convert Local Storage data to an Excel File?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Raven,

Excel file manipulation is only available server-side. On the client-side you can easily manipulate JSON.

Can you explain why you need to convert Local Storage data to an Excel File?

For example I have to scan a barcode and the number of the barcode will pass through local storage database all that I had scanned and saved barcodes in the local db will convert to an excel file? Is it possible or theres other way to do that? Im.sorry im new at OS ????

Cheers,

Hi Raven,

Like I told you, as far as I know there's no way of directly manipulating Excel files on Mobile. My question remains, why do you need an Excel file?... what are you going to do with that data afterwards?

If you really want an excel file on your mobile (and I can't understand the need for it), you can:

• Fetch the data from Local Storage entities
  • Pass that data as an input parameter to a Server Action
  • Have the Server Action generate the Excel file (there's a tool on the toolbox that does just this)
  • Assign the BinaryData that holds the Excel file as the output parameter of the Server Action
  • Do whatever you want to do with the Excel file on the mobile. 

Is it possible for this ? 

Hi Raven.

With a Database Entity you can easily import/export data from/to an Excel file. Conversion needs to be done server-side, in a Server Action.

You cannot use this approach to dynamically update cells in an existing Excel file on your mobile/computer. What it allows you to do is to download (or upload) Excel files.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Raven.

With a Database Entity you can easily import/export data from/to an Excel file. Conversion needs to be done server-side, in a Server Action.

You cannot use this approach to dynamically update cells in an existing Excel file on your mobile/computer. What it allows you to do is to download (or upload) Excel files.

Hi How can i download the excel file in mobile application