[Password Manager] Password Manager module not publishing

[Password Manager] Password Manager module not publishing

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 8 Sep by João Melo
7 votes
Published on 8 Sep by João Melo

I'm trying to publish this module, I'm however having issues with it as it's complaining about a missing 'Tooltip' module.

Has anybody come across this issue and has a possible solution?

Thanks

Hi Peter,

When does it complain about the Tooltip? Is it a missing reference? If so, from which module (I would assume WebPatterns)?

Hi,

It complains when I try and publish the module after importing it from the forge.It's a missing dependency, not sure which module though. Screenshot attached.

Hi Peter,

The module is actually called "Tooltip", it's at the top of the tree. If you are using SilkUI, you could try to substitute the Tooltip from WebPatterns:

Excuse the ignorance, but how would I go about doing that? 

As I look further into the usage errors on the actual pages say:

"Unknown TooltipFlow\Tooltip" Source Web Block in TooltipFlow\Tooltip"

Hello Peter.

Two Questions.

1. How did you get the Password Manager? Are you trying to install directly or downloaded from Forge and are trying to publish (seems the later to me)?

2. Do you have Silk UI installed?

If you install directly from Forge (from inside Service Studio, the black tab), it will install any dependences (that is what seems to be missing).

If you try to install it publishing from a downloaded package, you have to guarantee the dependences are present (and it seems you have missing dependences, like Silk UI).

Cheers

EDIT.
Saw now that it does not depend on Silk UI or anything.

So, did you change it anyway?

Figured out.

Old module. Seems the Tooltip was something like the Richwidgets in version 9, or a module that was not "shiped" together. New versions seems to not have this Tooltip module and it seems it is not available on forge.

So, or you are willing to change and update this module, or is best to try another one from Forge...

Cheers.

Hi,

I got the module straight from forge and tried to use it. I pressed the 1-click publish button and that's where the errors came in.

So basically as I understand this, the module is out of date (possibly abandoned by author) and if I want to use it I need to figure out my own way around the dependencies ?

Thanks

Peter C wrote:

Hi,

I got the module straight from forge and tried to use it. I pressed the 1-click publish button and that's where the errors came in.

So basically as I understand this, the module is out of date (possibly abandoned by author) and if I want to use it I need to figure out my own way around the dependencies ?

Thanks

Basically, yes.
It uses a Tooltip, that is not available anywhere that I know.

You can replace it, of course. There is a Tooltipster component in the Forge.
You can create your own based on others like the one that exists in SilkUI. Or use the one from WebPatterns directly (that will create a dependency to SilkUI).

But I think there are other components in Forge to deal with passwords... Maybe one of those other can be a replace for this one and make your life easier. 

Cheers.