Connection String test failed: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

Connection String test failed: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

Whats wrong with this thing?

This simply means the OutSystems front-end can't connect to the BCItems server.

I'm going to assume that you've already tried to connect from your laptop (using a SQL client), and it worked. Just remember that the connection above comes from the OutSystems front-end, not your own machine.

If the OutSystems environment is in the cloud, you probably need to involve the infrastructure team in order to expose the MySQL server (eventually using a VPN). If everything is on-premises, there may be network restrictions as well (again, involve the infra team).

Paulo Ramos wrote: Same problem as this?

This simply means the OutSystems front-end can't connect to the BCItems server.

I'm going to assume that you've already tried to connect from your laptop (using a SQL client), and it worked. Just remember that the connection above comes from the OutSystems front-end, not your own machine.

If the OutSystems environment is in the cloud, you probably need to involve the infrastructure team in order to expose the MySQL server (eventually using a VPN). If everything is on-premises, there may be network restrictions as well (again, involve the infra team).

Yes, same problem - you'll need to fix the connection string before using the wizard in Integration Studio.

Adding to what I wrote before:

• From your server's hostname (raven*...) it seems you're using a free Personal Environment - but the built-in VPN is only an option for an Enterprise environment.
  • Thus, you'd need to expose your MySql server to the internet (using a fully qualified hostname or IP) - BCItems won't work.

Paulo Ramos wrote:

Yes, same problem - you'll need to fix the connection string before using the wizard in Integration Studio.

• From your server's hostname (raven*...) it seems you're using a free Personal Environment - but the built-in VPN is only an option for an Enterprise environment.
  • Thus, you'd need to expose your MySql server to the internet (using a fully qualified hostname or IP) - BCItems won't work.

What if i do have this thing? Im using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express

Paulo Ramos wrote:

New problem , looks like im going to allow remote connections or something else? 

Hi,

You need to use a qualified hostname or IP address - 102100(...) won't work over the internet. And eventually you may also need to change firewall settings.