[IdP] IDP: Drops Session Destination URL 

[IdP] IDP: Drops Session Destination URL 

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 2017-12-04 by Telmo Martins
20 votes
Published on 2017-12-04 by Telmo Martins

I'm using the IDP connector to authenticate our users across multiple applications using Azure AD. Everything operates as expected, apart from when a user opens an application from a URL embedded in a Word document (so a browser session is launched via word rather than via the browser itself).  In this case after being authenticated in Azure the user is directed to service centre.

I have tracked this issue down to the Session.DesinationURL value.  It appears to be populated correctly prior to hitting AD but when it lands back on the IDP prep the session.destinationURL value is empty.  

I'm not sure why it is doing this, what is making the session value clear and most importantly, how I can fix it!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

LIZ

(Cloud V10)

Hi Liz,

Whats the URL that you launch from word doc?

Regards. 

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi Liz,

Whats the URL that you launch from word doc?

Regards. 

Hi Telmo,

Any page url from a site  e.g.

https://mycompany-dev.outsystemsenterprise.com/ModuleName/WebScreenName.aspx

liz

Hi Liz,

I cannot replicate the issue, open a session directly from a word doc and I always got redirected to the correct page and not Service Center.

If the destination URL (session var) is correct before redirect to AD and not when return to IdP pages, something may happened with the session. Try to debug IdP screen alongside with browser cookies to check if for some reason a new session was set or if a tenant switch was made on that screen.

Regards.