Exporting to excel and specifying number format in the file

Exporting to excel and specifying number format in the file

Hi There, 

I am new to Outsystems and I would like to designate the excel number format of the data I am writing to an excel file. 

For example, if I write the following date: "2018-02-08" to an excel file from a database, it is designated as a "custom" datatype in excel (as shown in the image below):

However, I would like to be able to designate it to short date format: 

"2018/02/08". I would like to be able to change the formats of more than just the date, but I figure solving this question would help me in general. For example, I would also like to stipulate (automatically in excel) that some values are currency values.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Cole

Hi Cole,

The out-of-the-box RecordListToExcel server action does not support cell formatting.

There is a forge component name Excel Package with additional capabilities but I think it is only possible to do style formatting (like colors, bold, etc.). Nevertheless, this component is based on a open source library that seems to support formatting (for example, check this StackOverflow post) - it should be possible to extend it to achieve what you need with some additional C# coding.

Cheers,

Renato

Cole Noble wrote:

Hi There, 

I am new to Outsystems and I would like to designate the excel number format of the data I am writing to an excel file. 

For example, if I write the following date: "2018-02-08" to an excel file from a database, it is designated as a "custom" datatype in excel (as shown in the image below):

However, I would like to be able to designate it to short date format: 

"2018/02/08". I would like to be able to change the formats of more than just the date, but I figure solving this question would help me in general. For example, I would also like to stipulate (automatically in excel) that some values are currency values.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Cole

Thanks so much for your response Renato. 

Indeed, I did see that package but, like you say, it seems to only support specific formatting. 

I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything obvious. 

I will look into said modifications if I deem the change absolutely necessary. 

Cheers, 

Cole