Automatic bulk download stored binary files in the cloud to local harddisk?

Automatic bulk download stored binary files in the cloud to local harddisk?

Hi,

I have binary files stored in an entity in the cloud. These files originated from a customer's sftp site via vpn tunnel with OutSystems cloud.

For backup purposes and to prevent losing history if the customer ever cleans his files location, i want to automatic download/save all the stored files in my entity to my own network or harddisk. With the backup i can also use these files in our other OutSystems environments (test, acceptatance, production).

I have tried to create a timer that uses Filesystem reference to save the files but this saves it to some location in the cloud. If i use the Download widget i can save to my local harddisk, but only for 1 file at a time interactively. 

How can i do an automatic bulk saving of the files without interaction?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, if you are using a VPN, you will should access the folders in your network. You would need the directory where you want to backup.

if you can't access other directory, you will need create a service to get the files on Outsystems from your computer that you are using to backup.

I think for you to do this need access to a directory, if you can not to do it, you should think an FTP, there is no way to simulate a download. this way you can continue using the timer.

The vpn is actually connected to OutSystems cloud, so i can't connect/login to it directly from my workplace, outside the customer's network. Only way to get the original file is to download it 1 by 1 now from the entity where we have it stored. Thanks anyways for your help and advice.

Hi,

You can ask for a direct database connection to the OutSystems Cloud and use e.g. SQL BCP tool to bulk download the whole table.

Another alternative you may explore is to store the files in a storage service like AWS S3. This type of services has simple REST APIs which you can you from your OutSystems applications to upload and retrieve files.

Joao