Download all applications from an Environment

Download all applications from an Environment

Hi,

Is it possible to download all applications (*.oap file) from an Environment? 

Or is it necessary to download each application?

Hello Diogo,

Don't remember an option to do this in Service Studio or Service Center (or even Lifetime, but I may have missed it).

In any case, you have an API (rest web service) for Lifetime that you can use to list and download all apps. 

https://www.google.pt/search?q=OutSystems+life+app+download&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=AUGVWvHHHMHb8AfAwI_YDg

But I never used, so I don't know if the binary file is the oap.

Cheers.

In service center, you can create a solution, and add all existing espaces and extensions (with *) to it.

Then you can download that .osp file. This way you can copy your entire factory in 1 go.

Thanks for the replies!

Following Eduardo's advice I've tried to developed an application for downloading the apps.

Tim's solution was also very useful.

Best regards.

Hi Diogo, 

Is it working? :)

Tim, never saved the entire factory. Do you know if when creating a solution with multiple espaces from different applications, it recreates all the applications?

I'm guessing it will. :)

Cheers.

Solution

The solution manifest includes information about the related applications, so it will create them if they don't exist.

Tim's suggestion is a simple and fast way of creating a full backup of all modules. Note that you should avoid publishing this solution into another environment - it will include system components that were bundled with a specific OutSystems version. Using them in another environment with a different version may cause issues. I assume you just need a full backup of your code.

Solution

Thanks Paulo :)

Hi Diogo,

Could you please consider to make it available in a Forge component?

I think that functionality does not exists on any current Forge component, so it would be really cool to have it there available.

Thank you!

Diogo Martins wrote:

Thanks for the replies!

Following Eduardo's advice I've tried to developed an application for downloading the apps.

Best regards.

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Diogo,

Could you please consider to make it available in a Forge component?

I think that functionality does not exists on any current Forge component, so it would be really cool to have it there available.

Thank you!

Diogo Martins wrote:

Thanks for the replies!

Best regards.

Hi Daniel,

I'll make it available on Forge.

Best regards

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Diogo, 

Is it working? :)

Tim, never saved the entire factory. Do you know if when creating a solution with multiple espaces from different applications, it recreates all the applications?

I'm guessing it will. :)

Cheers.

It's working!

I was able to do a full backup of all modules.

Best Regards

Paulo Ramos wrote:

The solution manifest includes information about the related applications, so it will create them if they don't exist.

Tim's suggestion is a simple and fast way of creating a full backup of all modules. Note that you should avoid publishing this solution into another environment - it will include system components that were bundled with a specific OutSystems version. Using them in another environment with a different version may cause issues. I assume you just need a full backup of your code.

Excelent!

It was a fast way to do a full backup.

I'll use the API (rest web service) for Lifetime for a selective download/backup of a large number of applications.

Thanks Paulo!