OneSignal Deeplink

Hi guys, 

I have a problem with OneSignal's Deeplinks.

I wanted it when I tapped PushNotification, to open a certain screen of the application.

On iOS, it looks like it's working properly, taking a little trouble with going back to the previous menu... But on Android, it's not working. When I open the App it always opens in HomePage.

Has anyone had these kind of problems?

One note: The PushNotification message is sent from a WebApp, different from the Mobile App.

Thanks,

Miguel

Hello, Nuno,

We recently solved a couple of issues regarding deeplinks in general (one of them related with Android). If you didn't generate your mobile in the last couple of weeks and are using an app identifier with lower and upper case characters, would you mind generating your app again and giving it a go?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos,

First of all, thank you for your response.

I have the latest version of OneSignal, which I installed in February (date after January 12, the latest version that is in Forge). However I will reinstall.

I would like to ask a question: The Stack I am working on is in Java, and I had to do a reimplementation of a function that was in .NET. I don't think so, but can this have any effect? Either way I keep saying that it should not have any negative effect since iOS seems to be working.

When I debug, it builds the deeplink well, but then in the case of Android, it does not go to the intended screen.

Miguel

Hello, Miguel,

No need to reinstall the plugin from the Forge: all you have to do is request a new mobile app to be generated, from either Service Studio or Service Center.

Although you had the latest version of the plugin yourself, MABS itself is updated over time, with improvements and bugfixes. In this manner, apps generated today may not be the same as those generated, say, a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding the Java implementation: if I recall correctly, you should have implemented a method to parse JSON objects on the included extension (which only includes one for .NET). In my opinion, it should not affect it, even moreso if, like you said, iOS is working properly.

Let me know if you are able to get deeplinks working after re-generating the app.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hello Carlos,

This is what we did:

• Uninstalled the application
  • Generated a new build
  • Installed again

Same issue on Android (the app identifier is all in lower case anyway).

Although it does open the application, it does not redirect to the indicated screen. And it works fine on iOS, so the construction of the deep link should be correct.

Any insight on what the issue might be?

Thank you! :)

Maria João Portela

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hello, Miguel,

No need to reinstall the plugin from the Forge: all you have to do is request a new mobile app to be generated, from either Service Studio or Service Center.

Although you had the latest version of the plugin yourself, MABS itself is updated over time, with improvements and bugfixes. In this manner, apps generated today may not be the same as those generated, say, a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding the Java implementation: if I recall correctly, you should have implemented a method to parse JSON objects on the included extension (which only includes one for .NET). In my opinion, it should not affect it, even moreso if, like you said, iOS is working properly.

Let me know if you are able to get deeplinks working after re-generating the app.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hello Carlos,

This is what we did:

• Uninstalled the application
  • Generated a new build
  • Installed again

Same issue on Android (the app identifier is all in lower case anyway).

Although it does open the application, it does not redirect to the indicated screen. And it works fine on iOS, so the construction of the deep link should be correct.

Any insight on what the issue might be?

Thank you! :)

Maria João Portela

Hello Carlos,

I did everything you told me and yet I still have the same problem.

For iOS the deeplink is working, but in the case of Android not. When I click on Push Notification it opens HomePage.

Can you help me with this problem? More colleagues have had the same problem?

Best regards,

Miguel Verdasca

Hello,

After ruling that out, we're going to need to analyse it further to understand what's happening.

Could you please open a support case with us so we can better assist you?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos,

Clarifies me a point, in Android case is there an obligation to have intent-filters?

Thanks for all,

Miguel Verdasca

It doesn't make sense to me that you, as an OutSystems developer would have to worry about that: if the plugin/app has deeplinks and they require intent-filters, then the plugin should have them.

Having said that, I'd say that's not the case: if so, the app would not open altogether.

This happen to me as well,didn't test iOS as I do not have iOS developer account and iPhone
Had to use redirect URL