*.msg attachment in multiplefileupload

  

Is the .msg (outlook item) file extension/type allowed in outsystems' multiplefileupload component? I tried uploading a file with *.msg file extension and it doesn't work. 

What are the restricted file types?

Hi Kyle,


I did a quick Web App and was able to upload a ".msg" file without problems (OML attached).


Do you have any error? What is the upload component you're using?


Cheers,

Renato


Kyle Angelo Martinez wrote:

Is the .msg (outlook item) file extension/type allowed in outsystems' multiplefileupload component? I tried uploading a file with *.msg file extension and it doesn't work. 

What are the restricted file types?



Hi Renato,


Thank you for the response, I found what seems to be the problem. 


I tried to upload a ".msg" file that's only 5kb in size that only composes text, it worked fine. But when i uploaded a bigger 500kb ".msg" file which has pictures in it, it gives me an error saying: 

So I tried uploading big files from different file extensions like a 5mb xlsx file. It didn't show me any error and the file was saved successfully to my table.


Any thoughts about why it happens when the file type is ".msg"?


Regards,

Kyle

Hi Renato,


Just a quick update


I tried uploading a ".msg" file again, and the error was not because of the size.

The ".msg" file that i saved before has an attachment to it. So I tried removing the attachment and saved it again as a ".msg" file and uploaded it and it worked perfectly. 

The problem now is that the file attachment attached inside the ".msg" file should not be removed because it is needed in my requirements.

Is there any other workarounds for this one to make it work even if it has a file attached inside it?


Regards,

Kyle

Hi


just another quick update haha!


I found out that the problem was not the things i mentioned above, silly me.

Its just that the maxlength of the filename in my table was only 50 and the filenames that i tried to upload were exceeding the maxlength thats why it would truncate the table.


Sorry for my wrong theories. Anyway, thanks for the response


Regards, 

Kyle

Hi Kyle,


Glad you solved it.


Cheers,

Renato


Kyle Angelo Martinez wrote:

Hi


just another quick update haha!


I found out that the problem was not the things i mentioned above, silly me.

Its just that the maxlength of the filename in my table was only 50 and the filenames that i tried to upload were exceeding the maxlength thats why it would truncate the table.


Sorry for my wrong theories. Anyway, thanks for the response


Regards, 

Kyle