Method to Start an Activity

Method to Start an Activity

Hi,

i would like to know if there is any inbuilt action, which can be used to start an Activity explictly and continue the process.

The scenario : Applications are received and on some notification, the processing stops. A timer that runs at regular intervals, finds the different Applications and corresponding Activities which needs to be Run. Say it now finds that Application X, needs to be started from Activity 'Y'. How would i trigger Activity 'Y' through the timer?

Hi Ashwathram,

I'm assuming you are talking about BPT...

What kind of activity do you want to start? You can start ConditionalStart Activities using the System Action "ActivityStart".

Can you share a little bit more of details?

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Ashwathram,

I'm assuming you are talking about BPT...

What kind of activity do you want to start? You can start ConditionalStart Activities using the System Action "ActivityStart".

Can you share a little bit more of details?

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose, 

Am looking to start Automatic activity.

I would also like to know, If i associate ConditionalStart activity with every Automatic activity, would the timer (that runs independently at regular intervals)  be able to differentiate the different Applications received for which the activity was started

Hi Ashwathram,

It will be able if you have a relationship between the Application and the ProcessId because the Conditional Start accepts a ProcessId as input parameter.

By the way, you mentioned in your first post that the process stops. How does it stops? In what kind of activity? And how do you stop it?

Cheers,

José