[Page Loader] Page Loader Help

[Page Loader] Page Loader Help

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 7 Apr by Matheus Medeiros
3 votes
Published on 7 Apr by Matheus Medeiros

We are trying to add in an overlay that says "loading..." and has some kind of animation when navigating from one page to another- the preparation of the second screen is huge so we need something to let the user know that it is not broken... We have put the Page Loader component from the forge on the page but not entirely sure how to notify it to appear.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution

It looks like PageLoader has a problem.  With the Method for getting to your target page set to anything except Ajax Submit, you get this error.

It's blowing up on this line of the showLoader function...

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

var IsValidatingForm = component.attr("original-onclick").indexOf("ClientValidate") >= 0;

I was using a Method of Navigate, which is appropriate... but got the above error.

If I change my Method as below, then PageLoader works.

Solution

Lucy Ridge wrote:

We are trying to add in an overlay that says "loading..." and has some kind of animation when navigating from one page to another- the preparation of the second screen is huge so we need something to let the user know that it is not broken... We have put the Page Loader component from the forge on the page but not entirely sure how to notify it to appear.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Lucy,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've just released a new version that supports navigation links. ;)