How to find Log cat on Device in mobile App?

How to find Log cat on Device in mobile App?

Hi Team,

I want to see all log in mobile app, using log file, But there is only logMessage or other exceptions that we can see only on service centre Monitor, Is there any way to see device Log in mobile Appliction.

Many Thanks

Dileep Verma

HI Dileep,

First of all, there's no team, just community members like you :). Secondly, what kind of "log" are you thinking of? Why do you assume there's a "log" at all?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Thanks Kilian..:P

Well, actually I want to write every console log or other error to any log file that would be actually on client side, later we can able to check on device side what error or console log is there...

Right now, as per my knowledege the error log or any exceptions occure we can able to see only on server side through Service Centre-> monitoring section, all we can see from there.

But I dont see anything that sould write into client side to any file or somewhere into device.

Thanks

Dileep

HI Dileep,

First of all, there's no team, just community members like you :). Secondly, what kind of "log" are you thinking of? Why do you assume there's a "log" at all?

Solution

Hi Dileep,

Console messages are not actually logged somewhere on the device, as far as I'm aware. If you want to keep a log on the device, you will have to create that yourself (by creating a local log table, providing an Action for writing to it, etc.).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Ok Thanks Kilians,

Thats what I am also thinking ,  just wanted to confirm is Outsystems provided anything client side .

Dileep.

Hi Dileep,

Console messages are not actually logged somewhere on the device, as far as I'm aware. If you want to keep a log on the device, you will have to create that yourself (by creating a local log table, providing an Action for writing to it, etc.).

Hi Kilian, I've been using the DE v9 for a long time now and it has been working just fine however today as I have upgraded to the latest Outsystem v10 now the application is constantly crashing on the startup. I've the error logs where am I supposed to send them? Looking forward for your response, thanks :) 

Vikas Kundu
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Hi Vikas,

Your question has nothing to do with this topic. Please start a new topic, thanks.