Zombie transactions

Zombie transactions

Hi

I urgently need to solve the following problem:

When I update code, using Outsystems 10 for a mobile device, and publish it, and then try to open my Mobile App using Outsystems Now, I get the following error on my App screen:

'There was an error processing your request'

"RELOAD"

On Outsystem in Monitoring/Errors, the following errors are shown:

unable to begin transaction: sqlite3_step failure: cannot start a transaction within a transaction

Failed to execute canary query (probably due to zombie transaction)

Can anybody please advise me how to prevent these errors from occurring?

And this will keep on happening, unless I leave the device off for an hour or so, and then I can actually use the device again.

BUT: it does not always happen.

Best Regards

Anneliese

Hi Anneliese, 

Can you send a screenshot of your code? 

Thanks, 

FV

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi Anneliese, 

Can you send a screenshot of your code? 

Thanks, 

FV

Hi Fabio

It is unfortunately not possible - it is a big application and I can not send you all the code. I have no idea where in my code this happens and why. We also have integrations to other systems.

I was hoping that someone else has encountered a similar problem previously and could point me in the correct direction. The problem is also that it would not happen for weeks, and then suddenly it happens again.

I know it will be part of the login process.

So I just needed a pointer as to what the probable issue could be.

The question is also:

How do I ensure I do not have zombie transactions when I login?

Regards

Anneliese

Hi, 

You already try do a debug when you begin your app? Is a mobile APP right? 

And you can also try see if you have some transations with

SELECT * FROM sys.sysprocesses WHERE open_tran = 1

In Sql Management

Anneliese Scheurkogel wrote:

Hi

I urgently need to solve the following problem:

When I update code, using Outsystems 10 for a mobile device, and publish it, and then try to open my Mobile App using Outsystems Now, I get the following error on my App screen:

'There was an error processing your request'

"RELOAD"

On Outsystem in Monitoring/Errors, the following errors are shown:

unable to begin transaction: sqlite3_step failure: cannot start a transaction within a transaction

Failed to execute canary query (probably due to zombie transaction)

Can anybody please advise me how to prevent these errors from occurring?

And this will keep on happening, unless I leave the device off for an hour or so, and then I can actually use the device again.

BUT: it does not always happen.

Best Regards

Anneliese

Same here, we're having the same issue whenever we publish new version to production. User tried to update the app as a usual procedure but when it goes back it's the same error message as 

Anneliese encountered. See attached screenshot.

I have the same issue.

Seems like it happens when local storage tables changed but the device does not update accordingly.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/22911/cant-use-version-control/ (Read right at the bottom of this post)

I will also try the above and let you know.