Popup close and refresh data+adjax refresh on parent screen

Popup close and refresh data+adjax refresh on parent screen

Hi there, 

I have a small question. When I save information from a popup screen, it gets written to an entity. 

Thereafter, I close the popup so that I am back on the screen that called the popup (I will call this the parent screen). 

All I want to do is refresh a specific aggregate (which fetches data entity that has just been written to) and call an adjax refresh on a specific input so that a list is available to the user. 

The problem: I don't want to have to call the preparation again for the parent screen but only want to refresh a specific entity and widget. However, I can't do this (adjax refresh or entity refresh) from the scope of the popup (I only see actions within the popup scope), so how do I do the refreshing without calling the preparation (by calling preparation I mean simply redirecting back to the parent screen) of the parent? 

Kind regards, 

Cole

Hi Cole, 

While closing a pop-up you need to add an action called Notify Action from the system and pass some argument may a small text for example.

In your parent screen created a action called onNotify 

In the onNotify action, add NotifyGetMessage action and check for the same argument that you have passed in the Notify action during pop-up close.

after Check you need to add the refresh action that will refresh your necessary widgets in the parent screen.

for reference i have added this onnotify action looks like

Solution

Hi Cole,

What you do in these kind of situations is use the Popup_Editor_Notify Action from RichWidgets just before the Popup_Editor_Close.

This will make the On Notify Destination property of the RichWidgets\Popup_Editor in the parent Screen available and mandatory. You specify a Screen Action there that is automatically Ajax called, and you put your refresh in there.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Cole,

What you do in these kind of situations is use the Popup_Editor_Notify Action from RichWidgets just before the Popup_Editor_Close.

This will make the On Notify Destination property of the RichWidgets\Popup_Editor in the parent Screen available and mandatory. You specify a Screen Action there that is automatically Ajax called, and you put your refresh in there.

Thanks Kilian. Problem solved :)!! 

Hi Cole,

Great to hear! Happy coding :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Cole,

Hi Kilian,

I'm at the same point that Cole was when he opened this thread. So, if I close my popup by clicking on the top right "X", where should I use the Popup_Editor_Notify?

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

When you close your pop-up with the "X", that's the same as closing a Tab in your browser: the pop-up/screen gets killed and that's that. It's like a forced "Cancel". You cannot intercept that.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jordi,

When you close your pop-up with the "X", that's the same as closing a Tab in your browser: the pop-up/screen gets killed and that's that. It's like a forced "Cancel". You cannot intercept that.

Hi Kilian,

Well, that makes a lot of sense. So yeah, I've just added a button to the popup layout, did as you explained before and it worked.

By chance, is there any way to get rid or hide the top right X on the popup ?

Thank you,

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

Whether or not the X is shown is determined by the Popup_Editor Web Block's "HideCloseButton" parameter (if it's True, no X is shown).