[UK Business Name and Details Lookup - Realtime] UK Business Name lookup Feedback

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 13 Oct (4 days ago) by Paul Davies
0 votes
Published on 13 Oct (4 days ago) by Paul Davies

The Davies March project team are interested to hear any feedback you have to improve the wrapper or features you would like to see added. 

[copied over from wrong location!]

I've just been using your companies house address validator, and as someone new to OutSystems I'm finding it hard to access the retrieved UK Company Detail from inside your cool Business Address Validation widget.

I'm using your module as a dependency and I can't see any public properties. As an OutSystems noob I may well be following the wrong design pattern - is there a simple way to hook in to the selected company, or is that not how it's supposed to be used? Is the widget perhaps just a demo for the callouts? But then why mark it Public?

Francis Norton wrote:

[copied over from wrong location!]

I've just been using your companies house address validator, and as someone new to OutSystems I'm finding it hard to access the retrieved UK Company Detail from inside your cool Business Address Validation widget.

I'm using your module as a dependency and I can't see any public properties. As an OutSystems noob I may well be following the wrong design pattern - is there a simple way to hook in to the selected company, or is that not how it's supposed to be used? Is the widget perhaps just a demo for the callouts? But then why mark it Public?

It sounds like you are doing the right things do you have a sample OML you can attach that I can look at?

Attached. Say I want to save a selected company's details to a table, how do I detect which company has been selected in the Web Block? Short of re-implementing it myself, only noob-style?

Francis - I've added an event to the web block so that it now returns the selected company to the parent of the web block. In the parent handler you will be able add the process flow to write the result to a database. Hope this helps, If not let me know.  

OK, I've got the event going, many thanks!

Next question (I can submit a separate feedback if you like) - I had to hard-code my API key into the site property CompaniesHouseAPIKey in your module. I can't see that Site Property in the Service Centre Site Settings for this application. 

This isn't great - when I took this morning's update, I lost my API key.

Is there any way to manage this value through the Service Centre?

I'm guessing an approved way would be for your module to have a public Setter, which I could call from my app and set to the value of my own Site Property, which presumably would be visible in the Service Centre.

(Another question - does OutSystems version control have any equivalent to Git's Pull Requests?)

Solution

Francis Norton wrote:

Next question (I can submit a separate feedback if you like) - I had to hard-code my API key into the site property CompaniesHouseAPIKey in your module. I can't see that Site Property in the Service Centre Site Settings for this application. 

I'm guessing an approved way would be for your module to have a public Setter, which I could call from my app and set to the value of my own Site Property, which presumably would be visible in the Service Centre.

(Another question - does OutSystems version control have any equivalent to Git's Pull Requests?)

Hi Francis,

Are you saying that when you click on the cog from within the Module 

and then go to site properties the site variables are missing or is the value be over ridden with 'change me'? 

on your git question are you not getting the bell in the corner of developer studio showing compatible forge updates?

Solution

Paul Davies wrote:

Francis Norton wrote:

Hi Francis,

Are you saying that when you click on the cog from within the Module 

and then go to site properties the site variables are missing or is the value be over ridden with 'change me'? 

on your git question are you not getting the bell in the corner of developer studio showing compatible forge updates?

On the site property I'm saying that when I open *my* app, with the CompaniesHouseUK module linked in as a library, I see no CompaniesHouseAPIKey site property at all, eg:

Now I see that if I open CompaniesHouseUK directly and set the site property there, the change applies to any and all apps which use this module as a library. Which is slightly scary but fine for my current needs :) 

On the Pull Request, I was looking for something which allows me as a user to offer changes back to the code owner, like GitHub: "Pull requests let you tell others about changes you've pushed to a branch in a repository on GitHub. Once a pull request is opened, you can discuss and review the potential changes with collaborators and add follow-up commits before your changes are merged into the base branch" (https://help.github.com/en/articles/about-pull-requests). It's a nice-to-have which I'm sure can replicated with some kind of manual workflow.

Many thanks again Paul for being so responsive, especially to these less-urgent issues. 

if you are looking to collaborate on a forge components you can request access to join the team.  You can then upload new versions etc