[WEB] Whole/Partial screen refresh when Timer kicks in

[WEB] Whole/Partial screen refresh when Timer kicks in

Hi,

This is my first time playing with Timers so this time I want them to perform something like this:

-Once the Timer is called/kicks in, it will call a REST Service that returns an integer. (I've tried this with the help of the debugger and it's working without any problems, it gets the value successfully.

-If the retrieved value is equal or above 1, it should refresh certain container or instead, the whole page. If you ask me, I'd rather go with the partial refresh, the problem is there is no Destination/Refresh/Reload component to use in the Server Action Screen of the Timer.

-The container mentioned before has an If condition to show one thing or another depending on the value of the retrieved integer.

Which is the way to go do a partial/total refresh of the current screen?

Thank you by advance.

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

Timers run asynchronously and in a different context of your web screens.

That's why you don't see the Ajax refresh widget.

What I've done recently as a proof of concept was use Firebase to send events to my screens. They have a socket opened listening for events that are triggered by a timer. 

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Jordi,

Timers run asynchronously and in a different context of your web screens.

That's why you don't see the Ajax refresh widget.

What I've done recently as a proof of concept was use Firebase to send events to my screens. They have a socket opened listening for events that are triggered by a timer. 

Hi João,

Would you mind sharing any tutorial/guide on how to connect Outsystems with Firebase and get both working? Is there any other way to refresh the screen ?

Thank you,

Jordi.