Import multiple-sheet excel

Import multiple-sheet excel

Can someone explain how can I import an excel with multiple sheets at once. Currently I import an excel, but I get only the first sheet. 

Hi Peter Parker :P

You can tell what sheet you want import

But this extension maybe help you more, you can tell what CELL you want read 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/355/advanced-excel/

Hi Fabio,

I have imported my excel "excelname.xlsx" which has 3 sheets. I used DataDase/Import entities from excel. Service studie has created for me three entities each for a sheet. Now I want to read new data from all of the cells from all the 3 sheets using the same structure.  

I do not find what should I insert for the Sheet Name option. I just have options: Upload1.Filename and Upload1.content and Upload1.Type

Spider Man wrote:

Hi Fabio,

I have imported my excel "excelname.xlsx" which has 3 sheets. I used DataDase/Import entities from excel. Service studie has created for me three entities each for a sheet. Now I want to read new data from all of the cells from all the 3 sheets using the same structure.  

I do not find what should I insert for the Sheet Name option. I just have options: Upload1.Filename and Upload1.content and Upload1.Type

Spider, look after file content you have Sheet Name, and you can use the same file content with different sheet names

Fabio,

Thanks for your help. when I chose upload1.Filename for the "Sheet Name" with the same "upload1.content" for file content (see picture), I get an exeption: "sheet name not found". When I make the "Sheet Name" empty, there is no execption but I get the content of sheet1 from the excel into the Sheet 2 to my database.

Solution

Spider,

Sheet Name is the NAME of the EXCEL sheet. It is a text property.

If you don't know the name of the sheet, open the excel and get it. A sheet is an excel tab.

Cheers

Solution

Spider, Has Eduardo said, you need to see what is the name in your EXCEL

yes. that helped. Thank you Fabio and Eduardo

@Spider

Just to add up to what @Eduardo said, there is some help about this subject here:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Bootstrap_Data_from_Excel_Files

I would like to point out these two things

• Each Excel sheet must have the name of the Entity;
  • Each column header must have the name of the Entity attribute

Regards,

JH