I need to create email validation for bussiness domain user

I need to create email validation for bussiness domain user

Hi All,

I need to check whether the email id is belong to bussiness domain or not.

Anyone know forge component or any idea how to implement this in Outsystems.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

What do you mean business domain? Is it your Company email domain or you just want to check if email address is public like gmail, yahoo.. etc

Regards,

Edwin

Hi Rajat,

How are you doing?

To check whether the email id is belong to business domain or not, we can use Regex_Search from the text entension, where you can check whether the email contains your domain name after '@' in the email_id.

Thanks

Kirit.

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Hi Rajat,

What do you mean business domain? Is it your Company email domain or you just want to check if email address is public like gmail, yahoo.. etc

Regards,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Yes, I want to check if email address is public like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc or not.

I need to put a validation in signup form so public domain users are not allowed to registered in the application.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

kirit kumar wrote:

Hi Rajat,

How are you doing?

To check whether the email id is belong to business domain or not, we can use Regex_Search from the text entension, where you can check whether the email contains your domain name after '@' in the email_id.

Thanks

Kirit.

Hi Kirit,

I am fine and what about you?

I don't want to check whether the email is valid or not. I am talking about to validate email domain is public or bussiness.

Thanks,

Rajat

Hi Rajat,

There's no agreed upon difference between a "public" or "business" e-mail. You'll have to check yourself against a list that you think is "public".

Agreed with Kilian , 

To achieve this maintain a list of domain that you want to ignore. Every time when user inputs his email split it and get the domain part and check against the list you have and if does not exists in the list let your user proceed further.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Kilian/Pramod Jain,

Thanks for your reply, I already implemented this functionality in my past for same project but now I have a requirement to implement using some 3rd party api or any features provided by OS. They don't want to check with the list of domain available in the database.

If I found something I will update here.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

You have a requirement that's impossible to implement. Like I said, there is no thing called "public e-mail address" or "business e-mail address". The only way to do this is what has been already said, maintain a list of what you (the company) thinks what domains fall under the "public" class. As far as I'm aware there's no 3rd party list for this, though Google is your friend, but OS certainly doesn't maintain such a list.