Caching Server Side actions and Aggregates/Advanced SQL queries

Caching Server Side actions and Aggregates/Advanced SQL queries

Hello Everyone,

I have a question on the in-built caching in Outsystems platform.

We have an option to cache a server side action, an aggregate and also advanced SQL query in Service Studio.

We can cache these by defining "Cache in Minutes" property.

However, I am not sure what is actually cached in each of these cases by the platform. So when we do "cache in minutes" for each of the above, I have a question: 

1. When we cache a server side action, is the server side action itself cached (as in does the platform cache the server action code so that next time it does not have to fetch it again from server) or does it just cache the results of previous execution of the server action?

2. When we cache a aggregate or a advanced SQL query , does the platform cache the compiled SQL query ( so that next time, it does not have to take overhead of translating to database specific SQL syntax), or does it just cache the query results of the previous execution?

Please let me know if anyone has details about this.

What stack do you use? As i know the property is only working for net stack, for java stack.. find in forge.. java cache.

We use .NET stack

hi Yewale,

I think  the results of previous execution of the server action and the query results of the previous execution.

So, the platform will check whether the signatures of the action or query are the same. If they are the same, in case of query, the query won't be re-executed, just grab the result from the cache.