HTML2PDFConverter - Any tips on enabling farm configuration

HTML2PDFConverter - Any tips on enabling farm configuration

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows of any possible gotchas or hints for moving an application using HTML2PDFConverter from a single server to a farm.

We are using the Outsystems Cloud environment and up till recently have had only 1 front end server in production (yeah I know not good). When we activated a second server we found a number of issues with our own code and some forge components that didn't work in a farm which broke our production environment so we had to step back to 1 server. Now because Outsystems only allow multiple servers in the production environment we are in a situation where we can't "test" things without risk of breaking production so we are having to double check everything as much as possible before adding back in the second server. 

I see HTML2PDFConverter has a Farm Environment option but is there anything else that I need to do on the new second server? For example do I need to upload DLL's to each server or are they automatically copied across to the second?

Hi John,

If you have multiple front-end servers, all code will be distributed to all servers, there's nothing you need to do manually, save for stuff like certificates.

Hi Kilian,

In the case of HTMLtoPDF you have the questions of the DLLs that are uploaded later on, and are not part of the application.
But in theory if you mark the Farm option in the configuration manager, it will deal with this situation for you, but I didn't tested.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Kilian,

In the case of HTMLtoPDF you have the questions of the DLLs that are uploaded later on, and are not part of the application.
But in theory if you mark the Farm option in the configuration manager, it will deal with this situation for you, but I didn't tested.

Cheers.

Ok thanks Eduardo, I guess we will just have to give it a try and see what happens. It's a pitty that we can only test it in the full production environment.

John,

You can do a small test app. But I would say for you to open a discussion about this in the component support page, as this will warn the component team and they will be able to provide a better answer.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

What kind of DLLs are uploaded later on? How would that work?

HTMLToPDF relay on the wkhtmltopdf executable that must be uploaded to the server separately together with DLL(s)

Cheers.