Using POPUP to display previous value.

Using POPUP to display previous value.

Hi all!

I have an input which is storing the today's maximum room temperature.
What I want to do is to display the previous day value as popUp as soon as the user starts entering value in the input box. (i.e using the onChange property I'm fetching the previous day maximum temperature but how to use the popUp to display that information)

What I got on searching was to add a link and then attach the link to the popup in the Link ID but I do not want to use the link.
Is there any way around to solve this challenge.

Thank in advance! :)

Hi Aditya,

What do you mean by "display the previous day value as a pop-up". Do you really want a pop-up or do you want an autocomplete functionality? With a pop-up the user loses focus on the current input.

Kind regards,
Martijn Habraken

Hi Aditya,

Maybe a tooltip is better for what you want.

Like this exemple: https://osvaldas.info/examples/elegant-css-and-jquery-tooltip-responsive-mobile-friendly/

Use this Widget 

I agree with Martijn and Fábio, your request is very unusual for a user interface. Why not just display the previous day's value directly? Why do you need a "pop-up"?

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi Aditya,

Maybe a tooltip is better for what you want.

Like this exemple: https://osvaldas.info/examples/elegant-css-and-jquery-tooltip-responsive-mobile-friendly/

Use this Widget 

I meant Popup_InfoBalloon, I should have mentioned that :D
This is where I'm stuck in .
Can you please tell how to use this one based upon the current requirement. I'm not able to find any good tutorial for the same.

Martijn Habraken wrote:

Hi Aditya,

What do you mean by "display the previous day value as a pop-up". Do you really want a pop-up or do you want an autocomplete functionality? With a pop-up the user loses focus on the current input.

Kind regards,
Martijn Habraken

I mean tooltip which is available as popup_infoballoon, if I'm not wrong.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I agree with Martijn and Fábio, your request is very unusual for a user interface. Why not just display the previous day's value directly? Why do you need a "pop-up"?

I was referring to the popup_infoballoon which is a tooltip

Solution

Hello Aditya,

To use the Popup_InfoBallon, you need to create a new page.
Set a link with a name to this new page, drop a Popup_InfoBallon after the link and set the LinkId to this newly created named link.

Linke this:

What we usually do is to set a input parameter in the web page and set its value in the link, so when the link is clicked, the page is passed with this value and in the preparation of the page we fetch the data we want to use.

If the information you're using is simple and you're using SilkUI, you can use on of the tooltips provided in WebPatterns, that are CLIENT side only (no need to create a page).

With the Ballon, for example, you set the content directly on it (can be an expression that will look for a value in the current of a list in a Table/List Records, for example) and associate with an object (can be any one) and than set what will trigger the ballon.

Ex.:

In this case, that I think is more appropriated to your use case, you will have to fetch the previous day temperature in preparation and set an expression.

But... I think it would be MUCH simpler, as you are using an INPUT, to have the previous day Temperature being shown since the beginning, just as an expression in the page...

Hope this helps

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Aditya,

To use the Popup_InfoBallon, you need to create a new page.
Set a link with a name to this new page, drop a Popup_InfoBallon after the link and set the LinkId to this newly created named link.

Linke this:

What we usually do is to set a input parameter in the web page and set its value in the link, so when the link is clicked, the page is passed with this value and in the preparation of the page we fetch the data we want to use.

If the information you're using is simple and you're using SilkUI, you can use on of the tooltips provided in WebPatterns, that are CLIENT side only (no need to create a page).

With the Ballon, for example, you set the content directly on it (can be an expression that will look for a value in the current of a list in a Table/List Records, for example) and associate with an object (can be any one) and than set what will trigger the ballon.

Ex.:

In this case, that I think is more appropriated to your use case, you will have to fetch the previous day temperature in preparation and set an expression.

But... I think it would be MUCH simpler, as you are using an INPUT, to have the previous day Temperature being shown since the beginning, just as an expression in the page...

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot! :)