Automated Logout after reach 5 Minute of being idle for mobile application.

Automated Logout after reach 5 Minute of being idle for mobile application.

Hi, 

I would like to address a question on how to make an automated logoff for a user that has been ible for 5 minute?

I have taken a few primary steps according from multiple forum pages. Firstly, I have changed the security setting on my application management. The image below is my common login setting. Once I've applied this setting and with that, I  continued to make a new session-authentication(rememberPassword = false) application. Once, the apps is ready, I've tested it on web browser and this setting seems not be working since after 5 minute of being idle, I still haven't been logged out by the system. Can anyone help me on this?

Besides, I've tried to change the session run-time in machine.config for .NET but I'm not sure where to begin. Do I need to create a new source code in for terminating a session or modify existed code? If, the line is existed, on which line can I find it? 

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Sharizad Mohamad

Sharizad Mohamad wrote:

Hi, 

I would like to address a question on how to make an automated logoff for a user that has been ible for 5 minute?

I have taken a few primary steps according from multiple forum pages. Firstly, I have changed the security setting on my application management. The image below is my common login setting. Once I've applied this setting and with that, I  continued to make a new session-authentication(rememberPassword = false) application. Once, the apps is ready, I've tested it on web browser and this setting seems not be working since after 5 minute of being idle, I still haven't been logged out by the system. Can anyone help me on this?

Besides, I've tried to change the session run-time in machine.config for .NET but I'm not sure where to begin. Do I need to create a new source code in for terminating a session or modify existed code? If, the line is existed, on which line can I find it? 

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Sharizad Mohamad

Hello Sharizad you can not do this by changing theses configurations. You need control this on mobile side using a JavaScript function with some logic to detect inactivity. 

You can instantiate a timer using somethink like this:

var myVar = setInterval(function(){ verifyIdle() }, 30000);

function verifyIdle() {
    $actions.someclientaction();
}

And if you need stop the timer use the function bellow:

function myStopFunction() {
    clearInterval(myVar);
}

Hope this helps.

Alexandre Costa wrote:

Sharizad Mohamad wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Sharizad Mohamad

Hello Sharizad you can not do this by changing theses configurations. You need control this on mobile side using a JavaScript function with some logic to detect inactivity. 

function verifyIdle() {
}

clearInterval(myVar);
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. 

I've found the javascript for sessionTimeout but I have issue in implementing this javascript. In my opinion, it should be implemented in client-side. This action will only be triggered after user login, therefore once a user login, this javascript will be triggered. 

Should I put the javascript in login's logic by using Js in block or is there any other way to implement this sessionTimeout javascript? 

Thanks

Diamond Eight wrote:

Alexandre Costa wrote:

Sharizad Mohamad wrote:

Hi, 

I have taken a few primary steps according from multiple forum pages. Firstly, I have changed the security setting on my application management. The image below is my common login setting. Once I've applied this setting and with that, I  continued to make a new session-authentication(rememberPassword = false) application. Once, the apps is ready, I've tested it on web browser and this setting seems not be working since after 5 minute of being idle, I still haven't been logged out by the system. Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Sharizad Mohamad

Hello Sharizad you can not do this by changing theses configurations. You need control this on mobile side using a JavaScript function with some logic to detect inactivity. 

function verifyIdle() {
}

clearInterval(myVar);
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. 

I've found the javascript for sessionTimeout but I have issue in implementing this javascript. In my opinion, it should be implemented in client-side. This action will only be triggered after user login, therefore once a user login, this javascript will be triggered. 

Should I put the javascript in login's logic by using Js in block or is there any other way to implement this sessionTimeout javascript? 

Thanks

I posted a forge plugin for that based on chrome.idle plugin. https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4922/chrome-idle-plugin You can place the block in the layout and implement a logoff on idle event. 

Diamond Eight wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Sharizad Mohamad

Hi Diamond Eight.,

You can take a look here: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1886/login-session-timeout-sample/

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S