how to apply filters on structure data

how to apply filters on structure data

  

good day

I'm New to out system can you guide me .

i'm getting my data from external database  using web service  then i am storing that data into structure now i want apply filters on that data to get specific data person

how to apply filters on structure data  

 when i am looking for specific person how to do i get that person 

please help me

Hi,

Use ListFilter (System action).

Cheers

EDIT

For example, see here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26506/listfilter-usage/

No List filter in my application  

Hi Rajesh,

You need to click on the Manage Dependencies icon 

and add the reference to the ListFilter action from the System module.


Cheers,

Tiago.

Hello Rajesh

Just open Manage Dependences and mark it.


Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Rajesh

Just open Manage Dependences and mark it.


Cheers.



Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Rajesh

Just open Manage Dependences and mark it.


Cheers.



how do pass my search keyword to listfilter 


i want filter based on search keyword.how do achieve this?

can you please guide me.i am new to all these 

Hello Rajesh,

First, I would point you should do the Online Training (if you didn't yet). 

Second. As your "original" list is comming from the action (web service), things start to get messy if you want to keep a "searchbale list".

With an aggregate, you would set up the filter in it using your variables and every time you wants to filter, you would execute the aggregate again.

If you action (web service) does not have input parameters for fetching results filtered, you will have to do things differently.

I honestly do not remember if the result of a web service method called in the preparation is available outside the preparation (in a screen action, for example), Assuming yes, you could filter and store the result in a second list, that is the one you use as source in your page. Every time you want to filter again, you filter the original list, and store the result in the second.

If the result is not available, you will have to keep two local lists, one to the original results, the other to the filtered results, used in the page.

You could also use a local (server) entity and keep it synced with the results of the API, and than use a normal Aggregate approach.

Cheers.

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  





Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

i not able to publish this module into my applications


Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

i not able to publish this module into my applications



what type of problem are you facing?

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

i not able to publish this module into my applications



what type of problem are you facing?

in valid details 

i gave my environment name user name and password  


security reason i removed my environment  name in my images  sorry for that!!

You can use an expression like this in platform's List Filter to achieve what you want.

Index(Movie.Title,"the",ignoreCase:True) <> -1


Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

i not able to publish this module into my applications



what type of problem are you facing?

in valid details 

i gave my environment name user name and password  


security reason i removed my environment  name in my images  sorry for that!!


is this approach is right? i am not bale to filter based on first name

search  value is my variable which is hold the by search input value when i click on search am calling that action 


According to Jitendra Raghuvanshi 's example, Atribute takes the column's name as input and not its reference, maybe that is the problem atm.



thanks to every one to support me, i achieved my scenario.  

special thanks to  Jitendra Raghuvanshi.

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Rajesh shaganti wrote:

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

in listFilter function you have a input parameter name is "Condition". In this parameter you can pass your filter condition.

StructureName.AttributeName = searchVariable

 



Thanks

Jitendra


Thanks to all to support me,can i apply like operator  on web services filter data 

i want apply auto complete kind of functionality on the web service list  






We can not use Like operator in ListFilter, For like operator you can use below extension.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/483/


Download publish the extension and simply pass value in FieldValue parameter. it will working as Like operator.


Thanks 

Jitendra

i not able to publish this module into my applications



what type of problem are you facing?

in valid details 

i gave my environment name user name and password  


security reason i removed my environment  name in my images  sorry for that!!


is this approach is right? i am not bale to filter based on first name

search  value is my variable which is hold the by search input value when i click on search am calling that action 


hi bro

filter is working good but duplicate records are coming,

in my db i have single record

 but in the filter am getting 2 records 

Can you guide me, where i am wrong


i found this 

if i apply more search filed am getting that duplicates 

i modify the search filed to single values

 then i am able to pick only one record 

how do i search multiple fields values guide me