How to get source code after development

How to get source code after development

I'm developing a web application. Now I want to get that source code and want to deploy on my personal server under exampledomain.com.

How can I do this with OutSystems?

Not sure I understood.

An OutSystems application works under an OutSystems server. So, you need to have an OutSystems server to run it. If your personal server do not has OutSystems installed on it, you can't do it.

If you are developing in an Enterprise server, you can DETACH the code. This can't be done in a personal environment. After detached, you will have the application ready to run without OutSystems. 

There are another option (create a product), but again, this must be deal with OutSystems directly. And will not work for Personal Environments.

So, if you are using a Personal environment (Free) and plan to move your application to a better server, you can't.

Cheers.

Adding to what Eduardo said, if you developed your application on an enterprise environment, you need the IPP to be scrubbed before you can successfully deploy it to another server. If you have developed your app on a personal environment, you're out of luck, as they can't be transferred to any other server (IPP scrubbing not possible), in which case you should contact OutSystems.

Adding to what Eduardo and Kilian said to extract your source code even with an enterprise version this will only be possible after a breach of contract with OutSystems or if this option has been foreseen in the original agreement. Here in Brazil this is only possible in contracts with governmental institutions. 

Hope this helps.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Not sure I understood.

An OutSystems application works under an OutSystems server. So, you need to have an OutSystems server to run it. If your personal server do not has OutSystems installed on it, you can't do it.

If you are developing in an Enterprise server, you can DETACH the code. This can't be done in a personal environment. After detached, you will have the application ready to run without OutSystems. 

There are another option (create a product), but again, this must be deal with OutSystems directly. And will not work for Personal Environments.

So, if you are using a Personal environment (Free) and plan to move your application to a better server, you can't.

Cheers.

Eduardo, I just want to know that, If I want to deploy my application under my domain (example.com) with my windows hosting (ex. godaddy.com), Then is it possible with Free version of OutStstems.

I have tried to install my .oap file to another server, But it was showing an error that it can't install on another system.

I saw IPP, But couldn't verify through Activation Code. Is there any step by step guide available. 

Solution

Hello Amol,

This works this way:

Any module has a signature that identifies the server where it was created.
Inside the same Infrastructure, you can move modules freely.

Between servers in different infrastructures, if both are Enterprise servers and they were not explicitly excluded from the IPP list, you can pass your oap by the IPP app in the OutSystems page and change the signature for the one of the other server. 

If your app was made in a Personal Environment, you can't move it to any other server, even yours.
In this case, you will have to talk directly to OutSystems and explain why you want to move your oap from a Personal to an Enterprise server, and they may or may not allow it, depending on your justification.

The Personal environment is Free, but this comes with certain limitations.

Cheers.

Solution