CSS classes of theme not working in browser

CSS classes of theme not working in browser

Hi all,

I have overridden the base theme and done some changes in CSS classes but after execution, browser is still pointing to the CSS classes of base theme.

Please help me with this,how can I force my overridden CSS classes to work.

Thanks. 

Hi Pratima,

How have you overridden the base theme? Where did you apply the changes? Are you sure the new theme is used? Did you check the devtools of your browser to inspect which CSS is being used and why?

Hi Kilian,

Yes I have to apply the new theme.

Actually, I have copied the base theme(Theme_TH) in my default theme(Revamp). I want to change some CSS classes of the base theme like color of the menu link but after execution, the browser is showing the color of the base theme only.

Thanks.

Hi Pratima,

You must also make sure your eSpace or Flow actually uses the new Theme. Did you do that?

(check eSpace properties, section "Web", "Default Theme" and Flow property "Theme")

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Pratima,

You must also make sure your eSpace or Flow actually uses the new Theme. Did you do that?

(check eSpace properties, section "Web", "Default Theme" and Flow property "Theme")

Hi Kilian,

Yes, I have selected the new theme only.

Thanks for reply :)

what does your browser show in developer-tools? 

(chrome/firefox use F12 and inspect the element )

J. wrote:

what does your browser show in developer-tools? 

(chrome/firefox use F12 and inspect the element )

Hi J.,

After inspect browser is taking the base theme css classes only.It's not even showing the classes which I have change in default theme.

But, I can able to see the changes in webscreen of application but after execution in browser its taking the css classes of base theme only.

Thanks.

Hi Pratima,

Try to add !important like this:

.Menu .TopMenu a {

color: blue !important;

}

Hi Pratima Solanki,

You need to use of RGB color:rgba(192,192,192, .75); instead of  Color:#c0c0c0; 

Solution

Hi All

Thanks for the replies. Actually this project is being run under me and Pratima is able to resolve the issues. Problem was that all dependencies from all modules were not refreshed. So some modules were using old theme and some modules were using new theme that's why new classes were not being applied. Now new theme is applied everywhere.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Solution