[Test Framework] Load UTF tests feature

[Test Framework] Load UTF tests feature

Forge Component
(14)
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap
14 votes
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap

I tried to use current framework for my Unit Test Framework tests. UTF finds my test successfully during scanning. But I have an error in current Test Framework "The module was scanned for UTF tests, but none was found. Verify that the module implements UTF API tests with the proper UTF signature."
Does Load UTF tests feature ready to use? 

Is there some instructions or examples to work with UTF tests?

Valery

Hello Valerij,

Yes, the Load UTF feature should be working properly.

We are working on a document that will explain the step by step for some feature, and this of course this one will be included, this document will be released soon.

Please let me know if you have the Test Framework probe installed? Link Here

Thank you,

Davide Periquito wrote:

Hello Valerij,

Yes, the Load UTF feature should be working properly.

We are working on a document that will explain the step by step for some feature, and this of course this one will be included, this document will be released soon.

Please let me know if you have the Test Framework probe installed? Link Here

Thank you,

Yes, I have installed Test Framework probe.

Valerij Gerasimov wrote: I've investigated an issue. There is no connection to PROB rest API. I have "WebException.SendFailure: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send." error. There is the same message in error details when I try to consume All REST API Methods. So it looks like REST API issue on my environment.

I changed REST API PROB to work without SSL. After that Test Framework detected my UTF unit tests successfully. However after running all tests have failed status with Unclassified sub state while all test are passed on UTF tool.

Hello Valerij,

I am happy that you could over pass that situation with the SSL, and thank you for you input on the community.

My wild guess on that would be that, for us on the test framework in order to access that a test is a positive execution or a success we need to compare the result to something. This means that you would need to configure some response on your UTF and than configure it on the test framework so we can compare.

So, lets say you need to add a integer, that represent the error status code, called "Error" to the UTF, where 0 is ok, everything else is an error. Configure the same variable on the test framework as an output with expected value 0.

Hope I could clarify this situation.

Thank you.

Davide Periquito wrote:

Hello Davide,

Thank you for explanation. The way you proposed works fine. However there are some minuses of such approach:

- UTF test has failed status in UFT tool if any output variable is defined;

- To provide some output variable which value depends on test results each consumer of your service should develop code which reads test status and result of each assertion from DB.

So I think it will be much convenient to implement such functionality once on service provider side (Test Framework). It can be the similar functionality as UTF tool uses to show UTF tests results.

If I have time I will try to go this way to make my UTF tests be run automatically in Test Framework and see proper and detail results.

BR,
Valery