Unable to Send Email using Rich Mail Extension

Unable to Send Email using Rich Mail Extension

Hi

I am using RichMail Extension to send emails. We have out default email sender configured in service center but we do not want to use it.

Any help to resolve this issue ? Or does anyone have sample usage of sending emails through RichMail Extension ?

Here is the logic I wrote to send the emails:

And here is the error :

Based on the error you have the mail server configured but you do not have credentials configured for the outgoing mail server connection. Sending via smtp with office365 requires an authenticated connection so you will need to setup the username and password for outgoing emails.

I think for the RichMail component that you need to fill in the "Identity" property. Haven't used it myself so don't know what the format is, try username@password

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

I am pretty sure i am giving right credentials. I used the same creadentials to login into webmails.

Thanks

I was just going by your screen capture, the identity field in there was blank.

One thing that might be confusing the issue. I haven't used the RichMail extension myself but I suspect that it isn't using the email server and credentials defined in the Outsystems servicecenter, as it has its own server field I think it is independent and needs both server and credentials in the actual component not in servicecenter.

Ravi, on the RichMailSend action, you need to specify the port as part of the server name, i.e. smtp.office365.com:587

Hanno wrote:

Ravi, on the RichMailSend action, you need to specify the port as part of the server name, i.e. smtp.office365.com:587

Thank you Hanno. I tried to send it as you suggested but still getting the same error.

John Williams wrote:

One thing that might be confusing the issue. I haven't used the RichMail extension myself but I suspect that it isn't using the email server and credentials defined in the Outsystems servicecenter, as it has its own server field I think it is independent and needs both server and credentials in the actual component not in servicecenter.

Hi John,

We are not using the email server which is defined in service center. We want to use a new inbox to send emails as the our outlook server is not allowing to send the emails as a different person if we try to send emails using the one configured in outlook.

Regards

Ravi

Hi Ravi

I found the following in this MS support article:
"
This indicates that you are connecting to the SMTP client submission endpoint (smtp.office365.com), which can't be used for direct send. For direct send, use the MX endpoint for your Office 365 tenant, which ends with "mail.protection.outlook.com." So, please let your admin check the MX record. Moreover, please check if the SMTP port is 25/TLS.
"

Perhaps try the suggestion highlighted?

Hanno