Responsive pattern

Responsive pattern

Hi , 

when i tried to use responsive/displayondevice pattern in my application, its not working.Itried to display an image in only desktop or laptop, but it is displaying in all screens. please help me.

Please refer the attached file.

Thanks & Regards,

Ekadeep

Hi Ekadeep,

Have you tried accessing your web application from your mobile device directly?...

Hello Kuruma,

By your image, it seems that you're confused about the difference between "runtime" and "design time".
The widget will not prevent you from see the image in service studio, even if you set the view to "Mobile".

It will work only in runtime. 

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Kuruma,

By your image, it seems that you're confused about the difference between "runtime" and "design time".
The widget will not prevent you from see the image in service studio, even if you set the view to "Mobile".

It will work only in runtime. 

Cheers.

Hello Eduardo,

I have published and checked in the browser, but i do not find the difference. Image is displaying in all modes.

Hello.

Two questions.

1. Are you using a SilkUI template and your page uses a Silk UI layout?
2. Are the Device Emulation turned on?

This menu appears when you rezise the browser window.

Here the Display On Device widget is working as expected.

Cheers.

EDIT: I attached my OML.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello.

Two questions.

1. Are you using a SilkUI template and your page uses a Silk UI layout?
2. Are the Device Emulation turned on?

This menu appears when you rezise the browser window.

Here the Display On Device widget is working as expected.

Cheers.

EDIT: I attached my OML.

Thanks Eduardo, for sending the file, but unfortunately I am unbale to see the page in the browser as it showing me an error message "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later...
" and also for your questions

1. I am using my own theme, i am not using any silk UI them. I have to implement that functionality in my customized theme.

2. Yes i do

Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

1. I am using my own theme, i am not using any silk UI them. I have to implement that functionality in my customized theme.

Silk UI (web patterns) widgets work only in compatible pages. Usually based on Silk Ui layouts. The reason is that the Silk Ui layout has JavaScript that those widgets require.

If you are using your own theme / layouts, you need to include this java script. You can open a Silk Ui layout (it will ask you to clone the espace) and copy the Javascript from it. You will need to keep it up to date manually if you update the sik Ui you are using for the patterns.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

Silk UI (web patterns) widgets work only in compatible pages. Usually based on Silk Ui layouts. The reason is that the Silk Ui layout has JavaScript that those widgets require.

If you are using your own theme / layouts, you need to include this java script. You can open a Silk Ui layout (it will ask you to clone the espace) and copy the Javascript from it. You will need to keep it up to date manually if you update the sik Ui you are using for the patterns.

Cheers.

Thank you finding the solution for my problem.