We create roles in the service studio and assigning roles to a user is done in service center.

Instead of going to service center to assign roles, I want to do it my webscreen itself. 

How to do it?

Ananth wrote:

We create roles in the service studio and assigning roles to a user is done in service center.

Instead of going to service center to assign roles, I want to do it my webscreen itself. 

How to do it?

Hi Ananth,

It depends how you want to design your screen(UI), you can use systems tables(ossys_role,ossys_user_role). Also can use it's method grant access or revoke acess.

Sachin

Ananth wrote:

How to do it?

Hi ananth,

the best and easy way to assign the roles by staying at the web screen is to use the built-in Outsystem roles action for example if you want to assign the employee role to user, you will be using this action in the Logic tab and roles sub-tree like GrantEmployeeRole(). And the userId will be passed in the action properties as input parameter.

this is used when you want to grant the outsystems built-in roles otherwise you can only use the boolean field of the entity to assign the roles.

Let me know if there is any confusion.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Hassan wrote:

Ananth wrote:

How to do it?

Hi ananth,

the best and easy way to assign the roles by staying at the web screen is to use the built-in Outsystem roles action for example if you want to assign the employee role to user, you will be using this action in the Logic tab and roles sub-tree like GrantEmployeeRole(). And the userId will be passed in the action properties as input parameter.

this is used when you want to grant the outsystems built-in roles otherwise you can only use the boolean field of the entity to assign the roles.

Let me know if there is any confusion.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Hi Hassan,

I have a query in above answer provided by you,  i.e., how to use GrantEmployeeRole() function?

Also, In my application I want to check all the registered users users in my system. Can you please help with it?

Thanks.

The User Management is not working it is showing "Invalid PermissionsYou don't have permissions to view the required screen. Please contact the system administrator."   Please let me know why this is Happening. Waiting for your reply

Hi Ananth,

Creating role is like introducing new role to systems and no issues if developer controls, but assigning role plays very important role, only specific or authorized people should have control of who can access what, will decided by business or application Owner.

Even I have thought same while doing role creation but when it comes to business, Creating role is requirement and can be done by developer, but not access.that's why we separate interface to have control of role assignment.

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Ananth,

Creating role is like introducing new role to systems and no issues if developer controls, but assigning role plays very important role, only specific or authorized people should have control of who can access what, will decided by business or application Owner.

Even I have thought same while doing role creation but when it comes to business, Creating role is requirement and can be done by developer, but not access.that's why we separate interface to have control of role assignment.

Sravan

The Role management and user management of outsystems builtin feature working fine before. But from yesterday. It is showing invalid permission. But I have a login using my admin user details. Please check the attached screen. How do I Restore permission to create user and Roles? Please let me know.

Hi Sudip Dey,

I have given comment to your original post, can you please have look. 

Let me know if your facing issues further.

Sravan 

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Sudip Dey,

I have given comment to your original post, can you please have look. 

Let me know if your facing issues further.

Sravan 

I saw that . But the admin can not able to get that permission. means the owner of the account not able to get that user list  in user application section.

Hi Sudip Dey,

I'm really not sure what level of access you have, usually admin will get the user management screen.

Not sure in your case.

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Sudip Dey,

I'm really not sure what level of access you have, usually admin will get the user management screen.

Not sure in your case.

Sravan

Hi Sravan,

I have admin access to the accounts. It was working fine before yesterday evening. After yesterday evening it is not working.

Your are the only admin in this application or any other person has admin access ? If yes you can let them try and see any luck .

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Your are the only admin in this application or any other person has admin access ? If yes you can let them try and see any luck .

Sravan

I am only the admin. Do not have any admin access