Assigning roles to user in a webscreen

Assigning roles to user in a webscreen

We create roles in the service studio and assigning roles to a user is done in service center.

Instead of going to service center to assign roles, I want to do it my webscreen itself. 

How to do it?

Ananth wrote:

We create roles in the service studio and assigning roles to a user is done in service center.

Instead of going to service center to assign roles, I want to do it my webscreen itself. 

How to do it?

Hi Ananth,

It depends how you want to design your screen(UI), you can use systems tables(ossys_role,ossys_user_role). Also can use it's method grant access or revoke acess.

Sachin

Ananth wrote:

How to do it?

Hi ananth,

the best and easy way to assign the roles by staying at the web screen is to use the built-in Outsystem roles action for example if you want to assign the employee role to user, you will be using this action in the Logic tab and roles sub-tree like GrantEmployeeRole(). And the userId will be passed in the action properties as input parameter.

this is used when you want to grant the outsystems built-in roles otherwise you can only use the boolean field of the entity to assign the roles.

Let me know if there is any confusion.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers